Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E37: Water Park Prank

This week: A run-of-the-mill story enhanced by the unique art style of animator David Ferguson. Finn and Jake go to a water park. Finn saves Princess Orangutan from "daddy sad heads." Finn and Jake play a prank on Ice King, getting the icy monarch banned from the water park. And that's about it. No real deep thinking involved this week, but no huge laughs either.

Yeah, I feel like other episodes where they switched up the style there was some plot reason it made sense. This one was sort of just "we're drawing it differently. Deal." and it's a funky show and usually I just run with the weirdness, but it was distracting, especially because there seemed to be no reason for it except they could.

I could get past the drawing style, although I didn't like it, but this episode didn't really telle anything new or interesting about Ooo, other than maybe the water park being a former chemical plant.

A water park populated mostly by orangutans does seem particularly unpleasant, I have to say. I did like that it's run by living whistles.