Type keyword(s) to search

The Submissive Wives' Guide To Marriage

Dear god, this sounds horrible. Is this a Duggar spinoff or something? A Republican-sponsered infomercial? Did we somehow go back in time a few decades and not know it? There had better be a sequel to this:The Submissive Husband's Guide to Marriage.

• Love 5
(edited)

This.was.bananas.  I didn't see the whole things because I just couldn't...But I did check in now and then.

Several points: Of course everyone should seek out what works for them different choices yadda yadda yadda but they put it out there for me to judge.  Husband says something like "I think it's just disrespectful for a wife to challenge her husband on leadership of the family."  Why does a family need a leader? Is the family going to invade their next door neighbors' property and they need to move in formation? Yeah yeah Bible/Patriarchy/ blah blah blah but still. You can have co-leaders.

Kristin will murder her husband in his sleep. That resentment can only be bottled up so long.

At least going by my impressions a wife has to be a dependant child. Fortunately I saw Mad Max : Fury Road this weekend and saw an alternative: Revolutionary fighter for a better future with a bad-ass crew of ladies and supportive hot men with you.

Note: I myself am happily married for 10 years so far to a guy who has said he wanted a woman who "could back him in a bar fight" and we have always liked each other. So don't really need this "cure" myself.

Edited because I can't be married to myself and irritation produces bad sentences.

Edited by Monty9
  • Love 6
Husband says something like "I think it's just disrespectful for a wife to challenge her husband on leadership of the family."

God forbid a married couple actually makes decisions together, or her opinion is valued and respected, or they both solve family problems together as a unit, a team, two people who discuss and are respected equally.

I've never seen the show - will refuse to watch the show - and my blood is boiling just from the title alone and now your post.

Note: I myself am happily married myself for 10 years to a guy who has said he wanted a woman who "could back him in a bar fight" and we have always liked each other.

I love this to death. Just brilliant. *grin*

• Love 2
(edited)

Aw thanks!

One more thing....So they had a segment where a submissive wife talks about her routine.

"Her: I like to start his day in the right way

Me: BJ?

Her: I attend to every member of the family, I get up early and have his coffee waiting for him when he gets up. (random perky crap) I just get him blasted off to a good start.

Me: So BJ  I think. That's what I'm guessing.

Edited by Monty9
  • Love 6

Never saw this crap, never will. If men want complete submissiveness, get a freaking dog. UGH. Did we travel back to 1955 and no one told me?

This is just...offensive. And gross. And I hope the rage in these women boils over and they kick their hubby's asses (if not kill them as above!) and then take them for all they are worth.

There's my happy ending to this shit.

• Love 2

Aw thanks!

One more thing....So they had a segment where a submissive wife talks about her routine.

"Her: I like to start his day in the right way

Me: BJ?

LOL. That's exactly what I was thinking too!!! (but again, never watched, but I KNOW that's exactly the way it is).

Never saw this crap, never will. If men want complete submissiveness, get a freaking dog. UGH. Did we travel back to 1955 and no one told me?

I have a dog - a German Shepherd - and she's pretty stubborn and "opinioned" in her own way. She could teach these women something, I tell you.

What kills me, is of course these men want a "submissive wife" Who wouldn't. I would LOVE to have someone wait on me hand and foot. Duh. But at the same time, respect. Respect for people is key. There is no respect here. Just servitude. But that they are "promoting" this on a TV show, and trying to (I assume) sell it as what woman should do.

Fuck you, show.

Fuck. You.

(apologies for language).

• Love 3

God forbid a married couple actually makes decisions together, or her opinion is valued and respected, or they both solve family problems together as a unit, a team, two people who discuss and are respected equally.

God forbid a couple decides what structure their marriage should take without condemnation, unless it involved nonconsensual physical harm.

God forbid a couple decides what structure their marriage should take without condemnation, unless it involved nonconsensual physical harm.

But isn't one of the most basic components of marriage respect? How much respect does a husband have for a wife who - per these marriages - has no other purpose but to be a glorified slave and bed buddy?

Hey, it's their lives and marriages, true. But they are also putting it out for public scrutiny, so expect them to be judged. Which some are.

• Love 4

But that's the thing - you are assuming that there was an equal decision made by both parties in terms of who was the "leader" of the family. There is not, I suspect. There is a distinct lack of respect and consideration for the woman in these relationships. For example, I can decide to make a nice dinner for the hubby one night because I choose to - its something *I* want to do because I feel like it. However, the next day I can feel tired and not in the mood to care, and therefore think "screw it, I don't feel like making dinner, he can forage for something." There will never be repercussions. I have that choice. I have that power to make my decisions and perform certain actions as I see fit.

Do you think these women have the choice? I bet you they do not. That's why this is appealing for the men - they have the control, they have the power to do whatever they want, whilst having a slave to take care of them, and also ensure their sexual needs are fulfilled. That's the way I see it. If I am judging and condenming them - so be it. But I would rather do that and bring to light to the fact that this is yet another scenario or life situation that demeans and degrades women.

• Love 4

I watched it...and the chick who was going to TRY this lifestyle sure needed some kind of wake up call. Her hubby and kids left in the morning and she woke up aboyt 10:30 then napped or layed on the cuuch ALL DAY. She added a curtain to an area that holds a giant pile of dirty laundry. Now, ive never been married...but i agreed with the stepford wives that she she needs to step it up and at least be nice for her husband, and if u dont work, at least make the house a nice place to come to. He leaves and she on the couch, comes home and shes on the couch. Basically she just needed to become an active partner in their marriage...and then they could begin to appreciate each other.

The rest?? COMPLETE FREAKING LUNATICS

• Love 1
(edited)

I tried to watch this for the camp value but had to change the channel for the sake of the tv.  One segment that I remember out of this mess was a teenaged daughter who wanted to join "social media."  Every time the term "social media" was bandied around, I thought about about comedian Kevin Meaney who in one of his routines talked about his mom warning him to stay away from "the pot."

Edited by pandora spocks