Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E08: An Angry Judge Walks Into A Bar/S02.E09: Cop Number Four Walks Into A Bar

Justin makes an embarrassing mistake in front of his new girlfriend's father. In Danny's efforts to try and help, he makes things even worse. Meanwhile, Candace tries to deal with her crush on Justin.

and

In order to get space from Justin, Candace tries to win a free house in a contest Leslie is running. The guys go to cheer her on, but Danny enters the contest when Candace's ex-boyfriend shows up. Meanwhile, Shelly convinces Brett that he should come out to his friends back in London via Skype so that he can truly be free.

I didn't realize there was going to be two episodes today!

Kinda sad they hit upon Justin and Candace so quickly but they're so durn cute.

I hate Trent the character but the actor that portrays him is so funny, I wouldn't mind seeing him pop up here and there. His waiting for the beat to drop was hilarious.

Lots of character development across these two episodes. After the live episode, though, I did miss that element so I'm excited for this show to come back in the fall!

I don't get the title for the second episode.  Who was the cop?

I liked tonight's shows, although I think the first one was probably a little bit better.  I was laughing at Justin's cluelessness regarding Candace's crush.  But I did find them surprisingly cute.  And even though it was a pretty long kiss, Justin is clueless enough about the crush that she could probably convince him it was just a gratitude kiss.

In the second episode, it almost appeared as if Trent let go of the house during the fight scene but his drop the beat was hilarious.  I also liked Burski and Shelly getting bored eating their ice cream cones and watching the contest. 

The inside of that house, though, looked so much nicer than the outside.

I don't get the title for the second episode.  Who was the cop?

Danny was. He got the role of Cop #4 in a Liam Neeson movie that was shooting in the area. His only line in the movie was supposed to be "That's how we do it in J-Squad," which is why everyone kept saying that. (Which I thought was a nice callback to Seinfield's "These pretzels are making me thirsty," when Kramer gets a role in a Woody Allen film.)

I also was expecting Danny to reveal at the end that he had a crush on Candace, to explain why he stayed at the house-thing for so long. I do think Danny and Constance would be gross together, so I"m gad that wasn't the case, but I am a little disappointed in the my predictive-tv-watching powers.

For me, this show is the definition of a guilty pleasure - I recognize that it's not good, I know I have better things to do, but I seriously can't stop watching it. And to watch these dudes f**king it up live on a weekly basis? I won't be able to resist that.

• Love 1

I liked tonight's shows, although I think the first one was probably a little bit better.  I was laughing at Justin's cluelessness regarding Candace's crush.  But I did find them surprisingly cute.  And even though it was a pretty long kiss, Justin is clueless enough about the crush that she could probably convince him it was just a gratitude kiss.

In the second episode, it almost appeared as if Trent let go of the house during the fight scene but his drop the beat was hilarious.

First, hilarious--I can see Justin doing that. I really hope they don't do anything too much further with that relationship just because usually relationships like that take over the show (see: Psych).

And I thought Trent let go during that scene but upon rewinding several times, he had his foot on the house like Danny did at the end.

I think somebody on the show must like the actor who plays Trent, because he's been on a fair number of episodes. His role in the house episode could have easily been played by an obnoxious, anonymous guy. I think he's funny (although I'm not a fan of him calling Candace "Dumb-Dumb.")  

They're making him not as dumb as he was originally was, I think. The "dime-store Keanu Reeves" comeback was a pretty good line. Now there just needs to be shirtless Trent all the time.

I liked the house episode for the side of "street" Candace, especially when she pretended to be Danny's daughter (because he looks old enough to be her father), but I thought the concept was weak. If the city council or whatever of Detroit is giving away a free house, would they not have done some kind of renovations to increase the house's curb appeal? And how could a waitress in a barely-making-it bar afford the upkeep of a house?

Was the black girl Justin was dating the same one he hit on in the live episode? She was the one whose hair he "complimented," saying it looked like Slinkys and he could imagine her falling and falling and falling down the stairs.

I think Brett is a cute, cuddly bear, but as a chubby gay man, he would have almost zero chance with the Trents of the gay world, so I find it troubling when he's judgmental about someone's looks. If he gets paired up, I hope it's with another cute, chubby bear. The bar gang's insistence that he come out to his friends from home (whom presumably he had not seen in at least 10 years) was ridiculous and unnecessary.

Justin and Candace make a cute couple, so I hope they don't drag out the unrequited thing too long -- either hook them up or have them move on.

And that's how we do it in the J Squad. 

• Love 1

I hope they get rid of the house before next season (Candace having a house is kinda ridiculous) but keep Trent. He would be great as some kind of recurring villain. Maybe they can have him try to mess with Justin and Danny in some kind of revenge plot.