Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E09: Sleeping Dogs Lie

I see no one posted a thread about the previous episode, "The Unger Games." Maybe it makes sense to combine all season 1 episode threads into one "Season 1" thread.

I hate to admit it, but this show is growing on me. I see Chandler a little less in Matthew Perry's acting (although still not Oscar), but I like Thomas Lennox as Felix. (I always thought the actor was slightly schlubby, but he looked built in "The Unger Games.")

What helps is that there is a fantastic set of supporting actors, principally Lindsay Sloane. I wonder if they aren't going to go forward with a romance between her and Felix, now that we've seen Felix's ex-wife with a boyfriend.

The set-up to get the pillow was the usual tired sitcom trope about breaking and entering, and I wondered why Oscar couldn't have just called Ashley to say Felix needed a special pillow and could Oscar come by and get it.

Still, I laughed more than I ever thought I would.

• Love 1

I agree with you so much.  Last night I decided not to compare it to any form of Odd Couple and just view it as a crazy sitcom.  I laugh more than I should at this show and it's growing on me a lot.  I thought the Chris Weber segment was funny.  He was a natural.

I know..I know..that breaking and entering has been done on every single sitcom since the beginning of time.  I wish they would have handled it differently.

Matthew Perry is slowing getting into his character and Thomas Lennon is great.  The supporting cast is fabulous

• Love 1
(edited)

I enjoy playing "find the reference to the old show" while watching. Last night was Felix's insomnia which was caused by his missing watch in the original. Practically all of last week's show was based on "The Odd Decathalon" and actually included one of my favorite Tony Randall lines - that he was voted "most limber boy".

Edited by Chorusgirl
  • Love 2

I really enjoyed the show when Murph and Roy were on. They should be used more often.

On a shallow note: Lennon's eyelashes must look amazing on a big screen HD TV. Unfortunatey , I've been watching on my small tablet.