Type keyword(s) to search

Rosalee Calvert: She's A Fox!

Actionmage

I have been having a good time seeing Rosalee and Elizabeth interact in the last two episodes. Someone respects our gal's skills and breadth of supplies!

I am sort of hoping that Elizabeth can stay and give a few pointers to Rosalee about how to reach out to the kinder (?) hexenbiests of Portland. (Other than Adalind and Catherine, we haven't knowingly seen any. At least on the network show.) Nick has Hank, Monroe, and Renard to talk over Grimm stuff. Juliette is a good human friend to Rosalee, and our fuchsbau is repairing her relationship with her mom and sister. There is no one besides Monroe for her to really talk about her work, at least none that we've seen. Maybe Pilar, through Juliette, can be that someone for Rosalee to turn to for venting and  advice?

I know some folks feel the cast is bloated, but that just means that there are recurring folks and the world is larger than just the core cast. If introducing Pilar seems too limiting, why not have an old, non-drug past friend return and help run the store? Monroe, being a watch repairer, can continue to be awesome at that, as well as helping at the shop, but it's not mandatory. A fellow wesen that Rosalee trusts while she is out- which is happening more frequently- can make sure that the shop isn't missing out on sales by being closed/ having wonky times.

I know. I have probably thought more about Rosalee's workplace than TPTB- it's not Rosalee, but Grimm- but it would be nice to see her respected by her community for something. Outside of the resistance as well.

I am loving Angry Rosalee. As long as she doesn't do something stupid, having Rosalee be pro-active in getting Monroe back is totally her. She gave Nick and the PD time.  

I bought the Nightmare Rosalee until she was all ' Call Nick! NOW!!' and "Don't turn your back on me!!" Rosalee angry is fearsome indeed.

• Love 1

The scene at the spice shop? High comedy! Bless Bree Turner.

I feel for Rosalee because she is friends with Juliette, but has been unable to actively help. Then in comes Adalind, pregnant and remembering the whole Diana custody thing, and claims to have a way to help Juliette. I am sure Rosalee trusts Adalind as far as she can throw her, but I hope there is more for Rosalee to do in restoring or "dampening" Juliette.

• Love 1

Agreed, it's not that she even gets the best lines, it's that what she gets she totally delivers.  Rosalee might be my favorite character at this point; she seems the most real and grounded, followed by Monroe (who they mostly waste now) and Hank. 

The histrionics and absurdity of the main cast and villains is so laughable at this point; what drew me into this show initially (not unlike the pilot of True Blood) was the naturalness and normalcy of the characters and police procedural. People who (re)acted like people, dialogue that mentioned the little details of life and work that rang true.  Now it's just cardboard caricatures of broad stereotypes, along with Rosalee and a few others holding down the fort as people we can actually relate to.

Also, re: the thread title.  She is a fox, with bone structure to die for, and I think she's lately seemed even more gorgeous if that were possible.  I'm not sure if her hair is different or something, but she looks radiant.  Monroe sure is a lucky guy! :)

• Love 3

Also, re: the thread title.  She is a fox, with bone structure to die for, and I think she's lately seemed even more gorgeous if that were possible.  I'm not sure if her hair is different or something, but she looks radiant.  Monroe sure is a lucky guy! :)

I second this, I have noticed the same thing lately, she really looks stunning.  They have her in such natural makeup that you aren't noticing makeup, you are noticing her serene type of beauty.

• Love 2

Okay, for a second week Bree/ Rosalee are episode MVP! 

I think Rosalee would be the only cast member, besides possibly Wu, that could bring out the humanity in Adalind. While I don't think she's buying Adalind's story wholesale, I think there is enough that rings true that Rosalee deals with Adalind from those points. Rosalee's reaction to hearing about the trailer was good, too.

I love how she placed herself in front of Monroe, before he shoved her away. Her instinct is to protect.

If/when I stop watching the show, I will miss Rosalee the most. She was awesome, then Ms. Turner came along and infused her with more awesome. 

Adalind found out, from Juliette, in Season 2. It was when Juliette still didn't have any memories of Nick and Adalind asked about Nick stuff.  

Bree Turner also has some of the best reaction faces, like to the smells and the skull in the potion.

• Love 2

I wonder just how close Rosalee is to just washing her hands of the Nick drama.  She obviously thinks Li'l Kelly is sweet, but what Rosalee and Monroe have done in service of Wesen/Grimm relations, while fighting some shizz that's blown back on their marriage?  Scary, creepy hexenbiests know who she is, how powerful she can be and that she'll face down the  Wesenrein for her husband. She's cut up a couple of bodies in order for a potion to work. Various dangerous wesen tracked prey and/or Nick to her place of business in order to kill said prey/Nick/ anyone in the way. Rosalee has almost seriously lost her brand new husband twice in maybe a month's span. ( From the Wesenrein to HexenJuliet's gun threat.)

Just once, I'd like Rosalee to gently tell Nick that he can't drag her husband off on some dangerous mission. Not to be obstructive, but because they had something planned and really were looking forward to the time together. We only really see Monroe in context of helping the gang or day-to-day at the Spice Shop, not really doing much watch repair anymore, though I totally loved the clock story from last episode. Their couple scenes are they exhausted after Nick's cop/Grimm case or breakfast scenes as they are beginning their day and Nick calls, still never asks friend-type questions ( as Monroe pointed out over two seasons) and needs their help on yet another murder.

If I had any faith in these writers, I'd almost want a Rosalee flirts with/has a drug relapse. There was a reason she ran away from Portland when she was younger. This time her mom and sister could be marshalled by Monroe to get over themselves and help Rosalee. To see the personal toll it takes being a wesen friend of a Grimm, but from another perspective.

Monroe had external forces physically punishing him for the friendship. Bud has an unusual, almost Jimmy Olsen status as Nick's friend, but he's also faced down the Wesenrein next to a blutbad. Rosalee has had to deal with victims and their emotional fallout while the guys tend to go off to fight/kill.  A couple died in her shop, in essentially a murder/ suicide-by-cop, just last season. A young woman came in and drank a potion because she was almost killed by her grandmother for her wesen ability, which the grandmother had and hated. ( Not without reason.)  We love Rosalee because she's a compassionate woman and has such strength to her. Not just Strong Female Character , but a deep empathy and strength spiritually, as well as in her character.

As I said before, this isn't Rosalee, it's Grimm, yet I feel that TPTB  just aren't using the supporting characters in smart, organic ways which would naturally lead to tension and conflict. It's a shame because Bree Turner is a wonderful actress with a great range, as we've actually gotten to see, but mostly just last season and in fits and starts.  

• Love 1

As I said before, this isn't Rosalee, it's Grimm, yet I feel that TPTB  just aren't using the supporting characters in smart, organic ways which would naturally lead to tension and conflict. It's a shame because Bree Turner is a wonderful actress with a great range, as we've actually gotten to see, but mostly just last season and in fits and starts.  

This.

I'm going to have to dig up one of my complaints that I've used for both Juliette and Adalind.  This show does not know how to write women.  It's less obvious with Rosalee because Rosalee has a purpose to the central story of the show that has nothing to do with her gender (her role as an apothecary/knowledge center).  

But, beyond that,  yeah.  I mean, no woman would repeatedly let her husband go out on dangerous little field trips with his cocky, but not always wise and frequently emotionally compromised friend.  Rosalee, as established by this show, is not close to her remaining family so Monroe is pretty much it for her--and, when it comes to this relationship, he's clearly all in (I'm not saying Rosalee isn't...).  In the episode with the gender swapping worm wesen, Monroe expressed concern about the whole thing and, when Nick needed his help, he asked...Rosalee.  And Rosalee is more than happy to send him off where he has to be propositioned by another woman in a position where he may very well be killed.  Sorry, I don't know of any woman (or, let's face it, man) who would do that.

Then, when they try to play up her feminine side, it just doesn't work.  This whole schizophrenic thing where she's loyal to Juliette, but Nick needs to drop everything and be there for Adalind, and now she's Adalind's best friend just does not work....

I agree, having her past come up would be a good story line for there.  Bree Turner is worth more than just reading things out books, stirring things in cauldrons, and trying to be some stereotypical woman--who doesn't seem like any woman anyone has ever known.

• Love 2

If I had any faith in these writers, I'd almost want a Rosalee flirts with/has a drug relapse. There was a reason she ran away from Portland when she was younger. This time her mom and sister could be marshalled by Monroe to get over themselves and help Rosalee. To see the personal toll it takes being a wesen friend of a Grimm, but from another perspective.

That could be good, or they could muff it up big time, of course.  It seems easy to fit in because not only did she have a past addiction, she works in a drug-related environment every day.  It would also be nice if she had someone to be a sounding board, but they don't do friendships too well, either.

• Love 1