Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E12: Corkscrewed

Backstrom comes home to find Dante Trippi, Valentine’s abuser, murdered on his doorstep. Worried that Valentine could be next, the S.C.U.’s investigation leads Backstrom to a ring of counterfeit wine smugglers, a corrupt river patrol cop and a Club of Portland government official. Meanwhile, Valentine’s inability to tell the truth makes it harder for the team to catch the killer and Amy has a new boyfriend, of whom Backstrom is not fond.

Interesting that in the episode description above, Backstrom's father isn't even mentioned and yet in the preview at the end of tonight's episode showed a lot with Blue and more scenes related to the reservation from a couple of episodes back.  Weird.

That episode description link supplied by @ZoqFotPik above really does better match the preview at the end of last night's episode.

"When a Native American is found dead under a bridge on the Wabacooche Indian reservation, Amy's (guest star Sarah Chalke) new boyfriend and Indian Reserve Police Captain, Jesse Rocha (guest star Adam Beach), wants in on the case. Backstrom then learns that Indian meth-king Norwest (guest star Gregory Cruz), of Cooch County, is a suspect in the case, and he is convinced his father, Cooch County Sheriff Blue Backstrom (guest star Robert Forster), knows about Norwest's drug dealings, leaving Backstrom to make a difficult decision. Meanwhile, in order to keep his job with the S.C.U., Backstrom must impress Dr. Deb (guest star Rizwan Manji)"

Edited by ottoDbusdriver
  • Love 1

It's a shame what Fox is doing to this show.  If I didn't read the stuff that's posted here I'd have no clue.  Do they want this show to fail?  It's Almost Human all over again.

• Love 1

Going to leave this up for now, as according to my cable guide and TVGuide.com, this is the show airing next week.

And agree - I have no clue why they did so much shuffling around of this show. They very likely killed it by doing that, just like Almost Human. :(

• Love 1

it surprised me because it seemed plausible that Valentine had killed Plotpoint'shisname. Then I was 'They wouldn't send the hottie off, unless he had a better/firmer offer.'  So I was glad Valentine wasn't guilty of murder.

I felt that Moto and Almond had collaborated on Valentine's effect on the squad.  the last thing we heard was Moto advising to cut Valentine off. Then again, I don't think Moto knew at that point that Valentine was a brother, not just a tenant.  Also, Moto's advice seemed OOC and odd, whereas Almond came at the situation as a fellow MCU officer and was solely about Gregory's effect, thru Backstrom, on the unit.  (It feels weird to hear 'MCU' and it not mean 'Marvel Cinematic Universe'. *g*)

I liked Neidermayer and Paquet drinking at the desks. They seem nice together.

I do not like that Backstrom is all yelly at Amy for moving on. She wants to try for friendship, but she keeps getting yelled at or hit on. While I like that the reaction shows he has emotions, when Backstrom's "type", which isn't looked at too closely by the casual viewer I'm guessing, it's a tiresome, overused crutch. The destruction of the kite section was appreciated though.

I enjoyed this episode as much as the other ones, minus the pilot. Still, a dozen nice episodes from a Hart Hanson joint during the Spring? I also loved The Finder, so Fox is chipping pieces of trust away, not just my heart.

Promo monkeys at least gave us "season finale" in the previews, so I will hope like I did for Walter and Co.