Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Speculation: There Can Be Only One?

(edited)

Is Monroe (Cuba Gooding Jr) an immortal?  What's the deal with Abigail?  Is it a kind of magic?

For official episode descriptions and set photos, here's ABC's press page for Forever.

Regarding, Abigail... Here's a wild theory that I've had for a while: Abigail will show up in the present day, as a young woman, due to reincarnation, though she may not have (all) the memories of Henry's Abigail.  With Abigail disappearing in the mid-1980s, the new Abigail's birth year would be close enough to her original actress' (MacKenzie Mauzy) birth year, which IMDb and Wikipedia both list as 1988.

The link in the media thread about John Noble being cast as a guest star in the series finale, as an antiquities/archaeologist, eventually leads to this EW article:

That all changes when a museum curator turns up dead, in her possession a Roman dagger. [Noble's character] quickly concludes that there is far more to this blade than meets the eye—it’s the actual knife that ended the life of Emperor Julius Caesar. What’s more, the dagger contains a curse of death to any and all who come into contact with it. Could this also be the same Roman dagger that was used to first kill Adam (Burn Gorman) back in 44 B.C.?

Edited by Just Here
  • Love 1

From EW:

Will Jo finally find out about Henry on Forever? — Kendra
Henry’s increasingly suspicious behavior will test the bounds of their working relationship to the point of no return. Bonus scoop: The gun that could possibly end Henry’s life for good will be fired by season’s end.

• Love 1

Crackpot idea: The gun that killed Henry gets fired and kills Adam, but the dagger turns out to be the only thing that can now kill Henry permanently.

Either that or the gun will be fired on Henry and not kill him. Or he'll duck out of the way like Lucas suggested. :P

OR, Henry gets shot and starts to die and end of episode: cliffhanger.

Edited by zannej

Adam seems convinced that the original weapon has to be used again. BUt what if the weapon itse;f had nothing to do with the immortality? What if the immortals were born that way and the incidents regarding these weapons was merely the first time they would have "died"?

Henry may find out he's doomed to immortality and Adam may find out at the same time. Then the entire dynamic for them and between them changes.

My biggest fearr is that we will get an "immortal" cliffhanger when the weapoon is fired and the show isn't renewed.

• Love 1

This is a very interesting topic.  Glad I’m not alone in pondering the possibilities of what might happen in future episodes.  I have 2 ideas on the series ending final episode.

First Idea:
  Abe has passed away and Henry finds himself alone more then he ever has.  The nightmare he has been living for so long is at its limit for him.  He is sitting at a small table loading the pistol that in theory could finally end it.  He has been drinking some wine and a little tipsy.  He points the pistol at his chest but can’t go through with it.  He puts the pistol down on the table, stands up and accidentally knocks the table over, the gun hits the floor and discharges hitting Henry.  As he’s laying on the ground bleeding out he mumbles no, no.
(Fade Out)

(Fade In)
Henry suddenly finds himself back on the slave ship, standing at the exact spot and place it all began with the pistol pointed at him.  He looks around and realizes where he is and what is about to suddenly happen with the gun pointed at him.  He leaps to one side, the gun fires and misses him.  A fight breaks out, Henry recovers the pistol and escapes the slave ship.
(Fade Out)

(Fade In)
Henry is sitting at a small table, looking at the pistol.

(Fade Out)
Series ends.

• Love 2

I posted this Ioan Gruffudd interview in the media thread, but there are some spoiler-ish parts that I thought more appropriate to discuss here.

TVLINE | On a similar note, do you think Henry would be more reluctant to enter into a new relationship, knowing that Adam is a threat?
That might be taking it a step too far. What’s interesting and fun is this question of falling in love. When it’s true love, you can’t help it. You can’t help being around that person at all times. You’re doing things without thinking about them. You’re putting yourself in their sphere without even thinking of consequences. The idea of falling in love is such a powerful emotion that I think it would be lovely to see Henry giving into that rather than being mathematical and thinking, “Well, Adam’s got this over me.” But you haven’t seen the last episode yet, have you?
TVLINE | I have not.
So I’ve got the benefit of having seen the last episode, which will shed light on my answer, really. I’m not going to worry about Adam. [Laughs]

So Adam dies, or Henry becomes mortal? 

The latter would appear to negate the point of the whole show, but then again, they have barely explored Henry's immortality in recent episodes, and seem to focus more on the fact that he has been alive a long time, so maybe it isn't that far fetched. On the other hand, they would lose all the tension of Henry falling in love with someone but not wanting to act on it for fear of the age thing being a problem again.

Or maybe Jo learns about his immortality? Certainly sounds like it's a big part of the episode:

TVLINE | There’s a moment with Jo in the antiques shop at the end of the episode before this one, where it seems like she’s maybe starting to see Henry in a more-than-friends light. It also seems like Henry’s not quite there yet, regarding her. Is that an accurate read of where they are right now?
Yes, yes. What’s interesting is that she comes to that point, and possibly Henry does, too. But of course, this lie that he’s carrying with him comes to the surface again quite strongly in the finale. It was interesting to play the finale, because I didn’t recognize this guy. I always thought Henry was much smarter than he was in the finale. Because every time he’s caught in the middle of something, he makes excuses and leaves. He doesn’t finesse his way out of a corner [Laughs], which makes Jo think there’s something up with this guy… So we planted that seed, yes, at the end of the last episode. But in the finale, she’s like, “Who the hell is this guy?” [Laughs]

• Love 1