Type keyword(s) to search

The Music of Six Feet Under

From the opening credits to Sia's "Breathe" in the finale, there were so many wonderful music moments featured in Six Feet Under. The uplifting "Oh Happy Day" when the elderly black gentleman died in the funeral home driveway to "Let's Go Out Tonight" when Ruth shows up at Hiram's doorstep. From Death Cab For Cutie's "Transatlanticism" when the 5 friends are high in Claire's room painting 'I want you so much closer'.......From a sweet version of "Teach Your Children" at Lisa's funeral to magnifying opera and David & Keith singing "Rocket Man".

What are some of your favorite music moments?

• Love 3

I know I've said it before, but I have found my people! I was actually debating last week on starting a thread on the music forum--Music You've Found Through TV!

I actually have the soundtrack in my car right now. In addition to those already listed:

"Strawberry Letter 23" from Ecotone--need I say more?!

"Don't Fear the Reaper" while Nate is trying out his new bike and freedom--It's The Most Beautiful Time of the Year

"I'm a Lonely Little Petunia in an Onion Patch"--there's a great song at end of epi and on soundtrack, but rather watch Nate, Dave, and Claire act it out!

"Feelin' Good"--Preach, Nina Simone!

"All Alone"--Nirvana lullabying comfort to the grieving Fishers

"I Just Want to Celebrate"--a smile at this and Nate's reaction before the world goes topsy-turvy!

OMG, so, the Buddhist Chant at the end of "The Secret"--where Nate is emptying the water from Benjamin SriSri on the tree and lamenting the abortion he and Lisa had and how many other dead children he might have , Carla is being arrested and Taylor has lost trust in David--is one of the most gorgeous things. I have tried searching for it. I know it's Daw Thong-Music from Thailand--why can't it just be on iTunes?! **confessions**

• Love 6
(edited)

Punkypower.....all those are fantastic!!!......and I just remembered a very favorite:::Ruth and the women singing "Calling All Angels"--season 5 when Sarah's friend falls off the canyon cliff. CHILLS!!!!!  Ruth's voice is amazing here.

Also "Woodstock" by Joni Mitchell from that sad scene of Ruth and the cassette Claire brought back from Sarah's party.

Edited by DJ DAVE
  • Love 4

"All Alone"--Nirvana lullabying comfort to the grieving Fishers

OMG!

A flood of emotions just ran through me, not unlike the way this song made me feel when it played in the episode.

I knew the song before but it was taken to a whole 'nother level on SFU

• Love 2

YES!.....Claire was at Nate's funeral and had that flashback of being a kid when she entered Nate's room. He was listening to "All Apologies" because Kurt Cobain had just died. He was sobbing and smoking a doobie and he offered Claire a hit.

Kurt's death was to him like John Lennon's death was to me.

I discovered one of my favorite bands from this series--Built to Spill, whose "You Were Right" Claire was listening to in, I believe, "The Plan." What's interesting is that the album that song is from, "Keep It Like a Secret," also has a song called "The Plan." The show pretty consistently had great music though.

Edited by MarylandGirl
Wrong ep name
  • Love 2

I LOVE I Saw The Light by Rundgren, but, I love just about anything that he did.  Takes me back to my childhood. 

This thread has caused me to believe that I need to watch the entire series of Six Feet Under AGAIN.  I watched it during its original run many times, but, think I should go back and enjoy it some more. 

• Love 2