Type keyword(s) to search

Fresh Meat II (2010)

• Start Topic

In the wake of Exes II, I thought I'd rewatch Fresh Meat II. Man, Wes really is the Wile Coyote of The Challenge! You can see how Wes and Ev were sitting pretty, right up until they totally cannibalized their own alliance. 

This is also Theresa's first season, and it's the season in which she gets together with Wes after going for Kenny and getting shot down. It's funny to hear her slut shaming girls in later seasons, because in her first season, she's described as completely boy crazy by multiple castmates. 

I would have loved to see Carly or Noor come back for another season, but I guess they were too normal or wanted to move on with their lives.

I believe that this was Darrell's final challenge.

Thanks for starting this thread! I just rewatched the season a couple of weeks ago and was looking for a place to discuss it!

This is the season that absolutely cemented by Landon love. He had arguably the weakest partner and still managed to pull out a win. I love that in the final challenge all the teams are struggling to carry the 80 pound duffel bag, and Landon simply throws it over his shoulder, carries it the whole way (most teams have to take turns), and uses his other hand to drag his partner up the hill. Then, when they have to climb that massive snow-covered mountain, Landon literally sticks his face between Carly's butt cheeks and nudges her up to the top. What I love about the ending is that Landon triumphed without having any true allies AND he managed to do it in part because he was such a supportive partner. I'm pretty certain Carly would have crashed and burned if she had been paired with any other of the guys (and they would have verbally abused her in the finale, not to mention in that exile where she started blacking out).

I couldn't stand Ev so TJ calling her a 5  year old is my favorite line by him.

LOL, I think his line was "We've never had a 4-year old on the challenge before." And I love that TJ called out Ev's treatment of Luke as "wack," especially since Ev (not Luke) was the one responsible for their loss.

I forgot how much I really dug how the final regular challenge to decide the last exile went down.  It was really refreshing to see everyone take a "fair's fair" approach and just put their heads down and battle it out.  I was fascinated with the political game in this season, but I also liked the breath of fresh air with how everything resolved in the last episode or two going into the finale.  Really great season.