Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E18: Crescent City, Part 1

webruce
  • Start Topic

When the body of Congressman Dan McLane, a former NCIS agent, washes ashore in New Orleans, Gibbs reunites with his former colleague, NCIS Special Agent Dwayne Cassius Pride, in a joint case between the two field offices and the FBI.

Well I do like the New Orleans team. Thought once in NCIS HQ that "King" lost his accent for a couple lines. Figured Agent Doyle was a goner when she got in the car on a deserted street.

The serial killer angle and leaving little clues will work good I believe. Having Mike Franks along with the Fab(Fed) 5 was interesting. More will probably come of that group. I liked all 4 members of the NOLA team. LeSalle and Brody have that love/hate thing going on already. Ducky and ME Loretta Wade(Mrs. Fredrick from Warehouse 13), seem to enjoy working together. When the 4 come to the street, then they realize it was a setup to see who was there, 2 should have kept walking like they were not part of the team. Maybe the photographer would only figure 2 were looking for clues.
The "old school" toss over the hood of the lobbyist was a bit heavy. Also Pride must have a reassuring touch or he is like Patrick Jane and uses it to control people?

Liked the scene with Dwayne Cassius "King" Pride and his wife Linda(Zoe Morgan from Person Of Interest) role playing. Married 23 years.

Liked that Fornell, Tony and Tim worked the angle from DC. Fornell did what Vance would have done but it was nice to have him work his angle instead of take some of the N.O. spot light from Gibbs and Pride. Abby's big hug to Pride was nice. So they have worked together in the past. I would imagine at least at first Abby will help the new show a lot. Same as Garcia did on the Criminal Minds spin-off. Wonder if the Red team will be used at any time?

I was hesitant about NCIS LA, and ended up not taking to it at all. However, I think New Orleans is promising. Maybe it's because I grew up in Alabama, and know the Gulf coast area very well. I did like most of the characters. I wasn't interested in Brody. She seemed very blah to me. I don't know if it was the hair or plain makeup or what, but I couldn't get into her. The only thing that made me pay attention was that she knew Gibbs, and I do want to see what that is all about. I also liked King's relationship with Gibbs.

Looking forward to part 2 of Crescent City. NCIS original recipe is pretty stale for me these days, so this ep with the new NOLA team was welcome.

• Love 1

Excellent spin off, Brody is a wonderful character and is more promising than Bishop.

This was so apparent.  Bishop is a waste of character and she really annoyed me this episode.  I have to say I started laughing when Brody said a three letter word for mistake was "err" - I could have sworn I heard "her" as in Bishop.  I really hope they pick up NCIS:NOLA - I would totally watch it.   

The cast is enough for me to give it a go for a bit. I adore CCH Pounder, and if Paige Turco and Scott Bakula are onboard as well, it's more reasons for me to watch. Like you pumpkin spice, I've tired of NCIS OR, it got old for me several years ago, but I'm happy to try out a new spinoff. 

ETA: I thought both Pride and Brody nailed it from the start. Promising.

Bishop is truly awful. For the actress' sake, get out now before you will never be remembered for anything else.

Edited by spottedreptile

I was happy to see Lucas Black, was originally impressed by him when he was a kid in American Gothic, good to see he's still talented.

That moment when you realize the hottie you intend to make your next TV boyfriend was an actual child when you first met him? Not. Awkward. At. All.

Shall he be referred to as OpieAllGrowedUp going forward? I now officially hope the serial killer turns out to be Gary Cole.

• Love 2

I haven't watched any of the episodes with Bishop in it yet, but what I hear isn't giving me the warm fuzzies.  I had felt, by the end, that Ziva was overused, but I MISS HER!  I've watched about 8 episodes of the current season and it's not the same without her.  That being said, I would almost rather they didn't replace her at all.  Tony and TIm are fine on their own.

I never got into NCIS:LA but since Scott Bakula and CCH Pounder can do no wrong in my book I went into the episode with an open mind and enjoyed it.  The NOLA team seemed natural together but I just didn't care for the guy playing LaSalle.  He had a weird scowl on his face far too often, like he was trying too hard to be brooding and mysterious.

I really liked this as well, and hooyeah! Good to see Sam "Oh Boy" Beckett on my screen again, as well as CCH "Amanda Waller" Pounder.

Sure, there were some plot holes, but so what.  And damn, I missed the Paige Turco cameo! I was wondering why I didn't see her when I clearly saw her name in the credits. Must have happened when I got up to grab my dinner. Must re-watch.

• Love 1