Type keyword(s) to search

Adrienne Maloof: These Hooves Are Made for Walkin'

• Start Topic

I felt like there was so much hullabaloo about Adrienne being around this season - she started out as a somewhat strong presence with her Brandi reconciliation - but now she has completely vanished. We know she is coming back for the finale party, but I feel a little disappointed by what feels like her general non-presence. What was the point of bringing her back if she's not really back in any kind of impacting way? I feel like even defunct Friends of Housewives like Marisa Zanuck have gotten more screen time.

(edited)

I always felt Adrienne, and even Camille, were just an occasional guest appearance here and there.  Not even full on "Friends of HW".  Myself, fine by me, minus Brandi, BH had a bad track record with the "Friends of"...

At least for Ad, I feel like the "reconciliation" was the point for bringing her back. 

I was more surprised lumping Taylor with Ad and Camille with promotional materials and she was just at the White Party and that was it, IIRC.  Zilch, afterwards.

You never know, maybe more stuff was filmed and we won't see it until the Lost Footage/Secret's Revealed episode we'll know doubt be saddled with...

Speaking of Marisa, I felt they should have given her another shake.  I liked her.

ETA: Typing with a migraine, bad idea, I'll correct my errors as I catch them.

Edited by CyberJawa1986
  • Love 1
(edited)

I liked her too - even though she did kind of throw Brandi under the bus and then try to backtrack afterward. She was this weird combination of outspoken and also tongue-tied when called out. I thought she was really pretty though, she had an east coast vibe.

Interestingly, she called out LVP for being cold when cameras were off in interviews - it would have been interesting if she had been around last season.

Edited by PhilMarlowe2
  • Love 2

I liked her too - even though she did kind of throw Brandi under the bus and then try to backtrack afterward. She was this weird combination of outspoken and also tongue-tied when called out. I thought she was really pretty though, she had an east coast vibe.

Interestingly, she called out LVP for being cold when cameras were off in interviews - it would have been interesting if she had been around last season.

I was hoping Adrienne would be around for Kim.  I realize Adrienne would not be the 2 am let's chat type BFF, but over the years Adrienne dispensed some pretty good advice.  She was able to balance both Kim and Kyle.  I think it would have been a different season.  Having said that I don't think Brandi would have let Adrienne anywhere near Kim.

• Love 1

I was hoping Adrienne would be around for Kim.  I realize Adrienne would not be the 2 am let's chat type BFF, but over the years Adrienne dispensed some pretty good advice.  She was able to balance both Kim and Kyle.  I think it would have been a different season.  Having said that I don't think Brandi would have let Adrienne anywhere near Kim.

I did enjoy and appreciated that Ad seemed to have a legit concern for Kim and tried to bond with her.  Even Paul's frustration seemed legit.

Ad's dynamic during the season would have been interesting to see overall.

I always felt Adrienne, and even Camille, were just an occasional guest appearance here and there.  Not even full on "Friends of HW".  Myself, fine by me, minus Brandi, BH had a bad track record with the "Friends of"...

At least for Ad, I feel like the "reconciliation" was the point for bringing her back. 

I was more surprised lumping Taylor with Ad and Camille with promotional materials and she was just at the White Party and that was it, IIRC.  Zilch, afterwards.

You never know, maybe more stuff was filmed and we won't see it until the Lost Footage/Secret's Revealed episode we'll know doubt be saddled with...

Speaking of Marisa, I felt they should have given her another shake.  I liked her.

I think sometimes the editors on this show overestimate our need for a narrative. Sometimes it's a lot of fun seeing these people interact in various situations/locations without a big leadup to the event. On several occasions there's been a deleted scene in the lost footage episode that would have been great to see during the regular season, but it was trimmed because it didn't fit the "storyline" for the season. I guess they're afraid of tipping their hat too much that a large chunk of this show is scripted/rehearsed, but it's always a shame when we lose out on a scene just because it'd conflict with the story they're trying to tell.

On the subject of Adrienne. I liked her a lot in S1, but I think she belongs to the Kyle Richards school of pearl-clutching, which ultimately led to her own undoing. If she weren't so controlling and image-conscious, she probably could have done very well for herself on this show. 

And I liked Marisa too. Although I agree that she had a weird mix of saying too much and then backing down when she got tongue-tied. I imagine it happens a lot to people, though, when they appear on a reality show. You think you're prepared to speak your mind, and then you end up saying more than you are willing to claim ownership over later when each and every word you've uttered is recorded and replayed in a splice-and-dice fashion.

• Love 1

(Yes, so, I wasn't sure exactly where this should post so we'll go with the ex's thread):

Paul, like Terry away down south in the OC was kind of a HW by association. In 2016, he put his skincare line into Macy's. Not sure if purchaser bio-rhythms interested in bio-thythmic skin are just not clicking or if he's being remarkably generous but this is what I'd call a sale:

http://www1.macys.com/shop/makeup-and-perfume/nassif-md-bio-rhythmic-skincare/Pageindex,Productsperpage/1,All?id=78629

Ah, well, there will always be noses needing to be jobbed...

• Love 1
28 minutes ago, steelcitysister said:

(Yes, so, I wasn't sure exactly where this should post so we'll go with the ex's thread):

Paul, like Terry away down south in the OC was kind of a HW by association. In 2016, he put his skincare line into Macy's. Not sure if purchaser bio-rhythms interested in bio-thythmic skin are just not clicking or if he's being remarkably generous but this is what I'd call a sale:

http://www1.macys.com/shop/makeup-and-perfume/nassif-md-bio-rhythmic-skincare/Pageindex,Productsperpage/1,All?id=78629

Ah, well, there will always be noses needing to be jobbed...

His line may have failed in the store but it seems to be doing well on HSN. http://www.hsn.com/shop/nassif-md-bio-clock-dermaceuticals/14362?rid=4610&query=Dr. Paul Nassif&isSuggested=true

2 hours ago, WireWrap said:

His line may have failed in the store but it seems to be doing well on HSN. http://www.hsn.com/shop/nassif-md-bio-clock-dermaceuticals/14362?rid=4610&query=Dr. Paul Nassif&isSuggested=true

The Macy's line and the HSN line appear to be comprised of different products, sizes etc. But if Paul's HSN line is profitable -- I really have no idea so I'll take your word for it - then yay. 

By gosh! I wonder if any HWs use Paul's or Terry's to-the-masses Web lines? Or maybe the docs have luxe lines, too, available exclusively to the well-shod sorts that trudge the Hills of Beverly and coastal points.

• Love 1