Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E03: Two Rivers

I really don't understand the back-from-the-dead dad character.  If he is really trying to convince everyone that he is just a sweet dadly guy, doesn't he think that murdering his partner-in-crime and digging all those holes out in the woods might draw unwanted attention to his crimes?  Especially since he left evidence - a mask that I assume was used in the bank robbery and the hammer (murder weapon) that he barely washed and threw back into his toolbox.

Not sure what kind of problem Ray is supposed to have since I missed the first episode.  Everyone acts like he is weird and a burden, yet his sister asked him to go to the store like she thought he would be able to handle that kind of task.

I guess Jacob's parents are going to have some kind of rift now.  I thought the wife wanted him to talk about it, but when he did she got mad.

For some reason this show reminds me a lot of Under the Dome.

Caleb (back from the dead dad) is probably my least favorite character on the show. His storyline is so jumbled that I kinda wish they hadn't bothered with it at all. I like Ray and wish that they would focus more developing his backstory.

Not sure what kind of problem Ray is supposed to have since I missed the first episode.

You didn't miss anything. This hasn't been addressed yet. Like I said above, I wish that TPTB had spent some time addressing this since he has been in every episode so far and is really the only bright spot in Caleb's storyline at this point. Elaine is worthless.

I guess Jacob's parents are going to have some kind of rift now.  I thought the wife wanted him to talk about it, but when he did she got mad.

I love Jacob's dad. He is the only character that makes sense so to me so far. Everyone else is oblivious or just plain effed up or annoying. Jacob's mom is ok, but I don't buy that she's holding up as well as she claims. The whole town thinks she's nuttier than a vat of Jiff and she's ok with that? WTF?

They could 86 the whole hammer murdering dad family and I'd be fine with it. Ray is ok, but the dad character is ick and the actress that plays the daughter is pretty bad. I seems like the guy was a known nogoodnic, so I'm not sure if the daughter was in denial or if she's genuinely that happy to have him back in spite of his oh so obvious sinisterness.

Neither hammer killer dad, nor Jacob really act in ways that make sense, but I'm not yet sure if that's part of whatever the explanation for their resurrection is or just bad writing yet. The show isn't nearly as silly as Under the Dome for me at this point, but the jury is still out.

If they start having magic seizures and rambling about pink stars though.....

• Love 1

Apparently the little boy Jacob did have a seizure in the first episode, so I guess all that's needed now is the pink stars!

I wonder how long this Rachel is supposed to have been dead.  I almost got the feeling that she and Pastor Tom were having an affair, but I guess it's just that they used to date, then she died and he went on to marry his now-wife.

I got the impression that she was maybe his high school sweetheart or at least a pre-wife girlfriend or fiancé, rather than an affair. The prospect of a "love triangle" storyline does not greatly improve my hopes that this won't be just another run of the mill drama that mostly ignores it's premise, but maybe they'll surprise me.

This show is getting bloated. Too many plots, too many characters.

I like Tom but I really didn't want his character to have any skeletons in the closet. Wasn't it enough that he had to deal with the spiritual ramifications of the resurrections? I enjoyed his character up until the I saw the previews for tomorrow night's show. Now I'm on the fence. Why couldn't he just be Pastor Tom who plays video games and sticks up for the marginalized? This show really needed a good guy to balance out all of the dark pasts, Caleb's crimes and the drah-ma of the resurrections.

So now with Rachel added, we have another resurrectee, without having resolved ANY of the issues with the previous resurrectees. Just great. Pretty sure that Barbara is hiding out with bald cheater that vaguely reminds of an anorexic Craig T. Nelson, so there will be at least 5. Tomorrow we'll officially be halfway through season 1.

I don't look forward to a possible love triangle, either.  I don't know why I thought "affair" except that it's a common and overused storytelling device on TV.  I'm not expecting to get any resolution on the resurrections anytime soon.  I agree Bald Cheater probably does have a resurrected Barbara at his house.  They specifically showed him picking up two bags of food after highlighting that the resurectees eat a lot.

I had so much hope for "Resurrection" in the beginning, but the last two episodes haven't been up to par.  That could be because I don't like the Caleb character.  I hope they finish his arc and move on.  I have found "Delivery" to be a much better series.  It is on Sunday night competing  against "Resurrection."  The story line is exciting and the lead character, Bo is an outstanding actress.  I will be following both until one is cancelled.  I don't see a discussion for "Delivery" here.

So now with Rachel added, we have another resurrectee, without having resolved ANY of the issues with the previous resurrectees.

I'm glad they didn't, I think if they resolve any issues too quickly the show would get very boring very fast. 

This show is getting bloated. Too many plots, too many characters.

Personally I'd be bored to tears if the series were only about Jacob & his family, I'm glad they're adding more characters.