Type keyword(s) to search

Det. Nate Lahey: Fool for Love?

We've all asked the question: after all she's done to decimate his life, why does Nate still give Annalise the time of day?

I mean, I ship the hell out of them, but even with my shipper goggles on, I'm wondering why he hasn't deleted her # from his cell phone and changed his own number. And moved. Out of state. Or out of the country. And changed his name.

Anyhoo, what are everyone's guesses on how Annalise will get Nate off for those murder charges? I'm dying to find out who's on the other end of that 212 number Nate called at the end of the finale.

• Love 1

I hope for no particular reason that it's Olivia Pope and that there's a Scandal/Murder cross-over of some sort.

More realistically, I do hope that there's a flashback in S.2 that shows exactly how Nate and Anna met, how they started their relationship.

I also hope they bring more focus on Nate's ailing wife. 

• Love 2
I hope for no particular reason that it's Olivia Pope and that there's a Scandal/Murder cross-over of some sort.

Scandal irritates me, but I would love this! And I too would love to see how Annalise and Nate met. She told Hannah they met when he was the detective on a case she was working. Would sure love to know the details.

(edited)

I was about to say "what about his wife" but he's shown he doesn't give a rat's ass about her anyway, so it wouldn't make much of a difference if he left town.

At Nate's arraignment, his lawyer said that his wife Nia was in hospice care, so I took that to mean that she was getting closer to death. I wouldn't be surprised if she just dies offscreen and we only get a mention of it next season. That'd be a bit of a missed opportunity. I love Annalise, but I wanted a least one scene where Nia gets to look daggers at her.

Edited by Gillian Rosh
  • Love 1

So, who was on the other end of that phone number Annalise fave to Nate?

Now we know -- Annalise's ex and (presumably) equally skilled defense attorney, Eve. 

Which, I kind of wonder if Nate will ever find out about Eve and Anni's past. I mean it seems like a pretty sick and twisted game and a blatant conflict of interest to con/seduce one ex to defend your present-ish current against charges that he killed your estranged husband.

Let's not pretend that someone who's supposed to be the high-falutin' defense attorney that Anni is doesn't know a dozen equally qualified defense attorneys who she hasn't slept with (probably.)

Also, call me shallow, but is there a threesome in their future?

Edited by Chicago Redshirt