Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E02: Harry

Tara Ariano

And having a child actor who was probably weaned before he can remember it pretend to breastfeed from some random woman is a whole separate issue from whether extended breastfeeding is ok in general.

Exactly.  My original point wasn't about extended breastfeeding - to each their own, but how distracted I got over have a school-age child actor pretend to breastfeed. 

• Love 2

Just caught up with this...I have to admit, the slap was satisfying because there have been many bratty tv children that I have wanted to slap. It was like Joffrey getting slapped on Game of Thrones - good times.  But, otherwise, yeah, Harry has barely controlled anger issues, and hell no, he shouldn't have hit a child in anger like that.  It should have ended with his attempted apology, but, well, of course that couldn't happen because Harry truly believes the kid deserved it. 

That kid's parents are so deep in their bullshit, they don't even realize they are raising a kid who is going to get arrested a lot.

• Love 2

Rosie is so appalling that I have to believe we're going to get a sympathetic backstory for her. Her hysterical and overprotective approach would make more sense if she had been raped or in an abusive relationship previously. And IIRC Anouk said something to Harry about walking on eggshells around Rosie.

Harry wrapping his hands around his wife's neck was horrifying. I don't think we needed the cheating aspect to conclude he's a bad guy.

I do love his house though, and I'm trying to figure out where in New York City it could be.

• Love 1

Rosie is so appalling that I have to believe we're going to get a sympathetic backstory for her. Her hysterical and overprotective approach would make more sense if she had been raped or in an abusive relationship previously. And IIRC Anouk said something to Harry about walking on eggshells around Rosie.

Harry wrapping his hands around his wife's neck was horrifying. I don't think we needed the cheating aspect to conclude he's a bad guy.

I do love his house though, and I'm trying to figure out where in New York City it could be.

I caught that with Anouk too. It was almost like she was much more afraid of making an enemy of Rosie than Harry.

Okay.... Melissa George is absolutely gorgeous, but that accent! Give me a break!!! First of all, Ms. Yuppie Pseudo Hippie Dippy wife of an ARTISTE wouldn't be likely to have a thick "EH you talkin to me?" Brooklyn accent. Second, not all people in Brooklyn talk like morons with marbles in their mouth. Third, whatever she (and the show's producers) think a "Brooklyn accent" sounds like, they're wrong. And finally - that kid is seriously messed up. Mama Bear ought to be the one on trial. What kind of perv breastfeeds a five year old boy? Geez.