Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E09: Drinking the Cool Aid

Lisin
  • Start Topic

From IMDB "Against her father's wishes, Veronica infiltrates what she believes to be a cult in order to investigate a classmate's sudden change in personality. But after meeting the people in the cult, she begins feel like she is making a mistake. Meanwhile, her investigations into Abel Koontz's claims about her family continue."

This is not one of my favorites, I appreciate that it moves the plot forward in terms of the overall mystery but I'm not a fan of any time Veronica and Keith are at odds. I like it better when they work together. 

Cults! Happy cults! Though Rain's "I couldn't even begin to explain" what the ultimate cash crop is doesn't make any sense at all. Poinsettias. That's the whole explanation.

I didn't dislike this one as much as you did. Having them a little bit at odds makes Veronica's decision to shred the test that much stronger, I think.

Even though I just said yesterday that I was glad the thing at the end of the last episode wasn't too spelled out, I still really liked the sequence at the start where Veronica's working through it in voiceover.

• Love 2

Yeah, the cult thing with the "cash crop" was a bit wtf, you can't explain, really?  Just dragging out the reveal.  I suppose we are to assume Casey reverted to being an asshole?  Also agree that Veronica needs to know her parentage so she'll understand that's got to be the reason Duncan broke up with her and then Lilly supported it.  And I'm sure that's at least partly behind why Lilly died.