Type keyword(s) to search

Fan Films (Fanfic In Motion)

methodwriter85
  • Start Topic

There's this really good Fan film on Paper Towns. Check it out:

They made it look like such a fun night.

The quality of fan films are so varied, so every time I come across one you can tell they put a lot of effort into, I'm pretty happy.

This Hunger Games one is probably my favorite:

I really wish we could've seen at least some reference to Haymitch's Games, but eh.

A great fan film that was burning up on Vimeo and YouTube, until the producers of the source material filed a (bogus) DMCA violation against the fan creator.  Which got the fan film pulled from Vimeo and partially from YouTube.  Other fans keep reposting it, because they agree the film should be available and seen and that the filing is bogus because there is not one frame of the original material in the fan film.  Names and concepts are "borrowed" and altered to fit the story, just as any other fan film.

Power/Rangers: A violent and NSFW re-imagining.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wPnI_HnlEGo

(edited)

I liked it, but he basically killed everyone off except for Tommy. That's stupid.

Here's another Hunger Games fan film...this time, imagining Johanna's Games, and her torture in the capital:

And here's another Johanna fan film, this time imagining her friendship with Finnick:

I like the fan films for being able to give us things we know we're never going to get in the movies, like the R-rated version of the Games. I also really don't think we'll get a scene of Johanna tapping into Katniss's morphine and talking about how it's not such a bad life to be a morphling.

I will be entirely pissed if we don't get any flashbacks to Johanna and Peeta in the Capitol. That's just stupid that of all the things they added to fluff this out, they won't add that.

Edited by methodwriter85

Forgot about this topic.  But seeing it reminded me of some films I wanted to share.

Doctor Who, as one might expect of a show of dedicated nerdy fans and a loose association with continuity, is rife with fan films.  Back before the internet, these were traded around at cons and the like, but I just discovered a YouTube channel that collected a good number of them, including some that I remember watching several years ago with my group of dedicated nerdy friends. 

The one set I want to bring up starred the "first female" Doctor, as an alternate 7th Doctor.  In this small series, Colin Baker has regenerated into the Barbara Benedetti Doctor.

It's a short run of just 4 stories, but Ms. Benedetti makes for a very interesting take on the Doctor in the '80s.

There's another fan film I want to share, but I haven't found it yet.