Type keyword(s) to search

Kingdom Hearts

funkopop
  • Start Topic

This game is amazing and I anxiously awaiting the Kingdom Hearts 3 release on PS4. Kingdom Hearts 2 was easier to complete than the original.  I watched a Youtube video where they tried to explain the storyline, which I never really paid too much attention to,  and it was at least an hour.  

Edited by funkopop
  • Love 1

J'adore Kingdom Hearts. Kingdom Hearts is a big reason I lean towards Sony in gaming (aside from Final Fantasy and now the Persona series). In fact my first paycheck ever went to getting a PlayStation 2 and Kingdom Hearts. I've played most all of them, though there is still a bunch of it I don't understand.

That said, Birth By Sleep (on PSP when it was first released) has earned a good deal of X-pac Heat from me. I had it pre-ordered and was breezing through the game (on Proud mode) with Ventus and then I met my match in Ice Cream Beat. In all the years I have owned BBS, I have never beaten Ice Cream Beat. This why I don't approve of mandatory mini-games. Why the hell isn't GOOD good enough!? >:(

• Love 1

I much prefer KH II to KH I because KH I had too much of the collecting thing. I don't mind it in smaller doses, because it encourages exploration and the like, but it was just a bit too much for me. And the combat felt smoother in KH II, which does make sense from both the gameplay and story perspective. A bit heavy on the minigames, but most of them were short and a good break from the item farming. The others were okay games, I guess, even though I haven't played Dream Drop Distance or Birth By Sleep yet.

• Love 1

I really hope they don't start including Marvel in this series. But I feel the same about Star Wars and Pixar. Just, ugh.

I enjoy Kingdom Hearts, but the first game was released when I was in middle school.... Now I've been out of college for nearly half a decade and they still haven't made KH3. That said, there was a pretty steep drop in quality after Chain of Memories, so maybe they just don't know what to do with the story anymore.

Gah just a little over a week until KH3. So excited. Trying to play/replay all the games beforehand. I'm wrapping up Birth By Sleep which took longer because I played it on Proud because it had less requirements to get the endings. If I can finish today or tomorrow that gives me a week or so to do Dream Drop and Fragmentary Passage.  

I guess it should have been a forgone conclusion that the Arendelle level would include "Let It Go."  They actually did a nice job with it, given the constraints of the game engine.  It looks like Disney Infinity.

I am surprised that they just took the scene from the movie and basically edited Sora et al into it, but I guess they figured they should stick with what works.

I really did not like Arendelle for that reason. Sora and co were so peripheral to basically everything. Compare that to the worlds from 1 & 2 where the presence of Sora and co. and/or the heartless change how events play out in big and small ways. I really miss that sense of disruption where you get similar happy endings but the paths to them end up being different.