Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E14: Hitler on the Half Shelf

Oh, I'm 29 and I enjoy the show (clearly). And I'm sure plenty of younger people would enjoy it too of they gave it a go. But it isn't a show I've ever heard or seen my peers talk about and it isn't a show I feel compelled to watch live in case I'm spoiled on social media or people are discussing it at work the next day.

• Love 1

I thought I heard Adam say a Roman Dagger and 44 BC.  Maybe I ought to go look at it again to get the date again. 

Julius Caesar was killed by Dagger on the stairs of the senate in Rome (which I've been to and have seen the site of his grave.  Check mark off life accomplishment list).  He was killed in 44 AD (Or BCE in current lingo.)

Brutus, from what I've found was the last or one of the last to put a dagger in Caesar who then said "Et Tu Brutus?"  "You TOO Brutus?"  Could be that Brutus' dagger was the killing blow. 

So, if Adam is Julius Caesar and his final demise was from Brutus' dagger, could he be looking for the same weapon that finally killed him to be the one to end the curse?

In which case, what can Henry hope for.  The bullet?  The gun that shot him?  How do you find that?

Ok, four years of Latin won't let me let this little thing go -- the actual phrase is, "Et tu, Brute?" because Brute (Bru-tay) is the "vocative" case of Brutus. Luckily, it scans the same for poetic purposes.  :-)

• Love 3

I could see Adam having been a Roman soldier or something like that. I think he probably learned to kill from an early age. Or maybe he was some sort of hunter. I hope we get to find out more about him. I know its not likely the series will be continued, but I hope it will.

Sorry, but you've made an error.  AD (Anno Domini = The Year Of Our Lord) is depreciated in favour of CE (Christian Era).  BCE (Before Cristian Era) replaces BC (Before Christ) now also depreciated.

Hmm.  Interesting thought.  Would you say that Adam's hair looked Caesarish?  While I don't think it's authentic for Caesar, it wasn't that far removed.  But I'm probably reaching.  If production was going there, we wouldn't see subtlety.  They'd drive the point home with a mallet!

Gah!  You're right!  I meant to write CE.  *slaps forehead*  I can't believe I wrote that!  I blame being preoccupied, LOL.

• Love 1