Type keyword(s) to search

Thicker Than Water - General Discussion

• Start Topic

22 hours ago, drivethroo said:

I also call BS on Cyrene being so sheltered she just didn't know what goes on in the big bad world.  Girl, your sister ran a brothel.  Come on, now.

Ha!  A rare moment of levity in a tough episode.

Wow, the Tankards are really real this season... the 'we are so ble$$ed' mask is starting to slip and the real issues beneath the surface are cropping up.  Although I guess this show always had it's share of uncomfortable family drama with Jewel's sisters.  But watching the juveniles all jockey for position and attention, some of them way past the age when they should care, is fascinating.

I kind of felt for Brooklyn when the inducement (induction?) was going to be competing with her showcase.  That does suck.  She's such the Jan Brady of this family.

Being a dude, I will defer the conversation about Cyrene's rape to you all posting here who have expressed their thoughts more eloquently than I could.  It was a fascinating reveal though.  Very matter of fact and no huge emotional breakdown... Cyrene expressed regret, anger, and a whole range of emotions... it was one of the first times she didn't make me roll my eyes.  Take a bunch of 18 yr old kids, throw them in a situation with no parents and lots of liquor and drugs, and you've got a dangerous setup.  I'm sorry she went through that.

• Love 3

Ben just can't help himself with the Brooklyn shade.  He needs to stop; that does not build Brooklyn up and he would've never said that to Cyrene.  He needs to work on that.

Ben told of how he doubted Marcus' missionary plans when Marcus was about 20 years old because Marcus also needed a plan for income but Marcus is the most responsible one out of the 5 siblings and Ben knows that, so there's no need to shade.

He looked like he wanted to scramble up to Howard and connect his fist with somebody's face and Jewel was going through all kinds of emotions but trying to be strong in front of Cyrene.  There's a lot to this situation that we didn't see, but IMO Ben & Jewel know that Cyrene probably doesn't have a leg to stand on if she reported the rape, which is why she didn't report the rape. Jewel was looking at her like "Bish whut?" when Cyrene was saying she needed to handle the rape HER way and she told the boy she forgives him because God forgives him.

IMO (my speculation) Cyrene was voluntarily in stages of dress, voluntarily engaging in sexual activity but involuntarily had penetrative sex.  The boy was probably like "Bish whut?" when she was telling him she forgave him because God forgave him because from his viewpoint, she came to his room/apartment willingly, took her clothes off, was feeling and touching but shocked when he jammed his penis in her vagina.  She didn't want THAT.  No means no, so if she said NO at any point, he raped her but he's probably thinking all of her prior actions before him signaled YES.    We laugh or shake our heads when we hear of colleges wanting people to sign consent forms before having sex but its because of situations like this that people make suggestions like this.

Cyrene still needs counseling to fully process what happened to her.  Telling the boy "Oh I forgive you"...

Benji, that snake would have to go.  Nobody is going to have a snake around my newborn baby.  Nope.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, drivethroo said:

He looked like he wanted to scramble up to Howard and connect his fist with somebody's face and Jewel was going through all kinds of emotions but trying to be strong in front of Cyrene.  There's a lot to this situation that we didn't see, but IMO Ben & Jewel know that Cyrene probably doesn't have a leg to stand on if she reported the rape, which is why she didn't report the rape. Jewel was looking at her like "Bish whut?" when Cyrene was saying she needed to handle the rape HER way and she told the boy she forgives him because God forgives him.

What you say bout down to the white meat?   I saw Ben struggling.  I could not do it.  All I could think of was Miss Sophia and "you betta bash Mista's wide open and worry about heaven later"

Did we get an ever so brief glimpse at the Bees mama during Tish's labor?

My sister asked me if Brooklyn was boughetto.  I paused. lol.   She giggled and said guh?  I said I'm thinking.  It's not either part bougie or ghetto, she kinda country and kinda street, but basically sweet, why'd you ask? She said because of all the fire engine red piled up on top of her head...like she got rooster in her spirit.  To which I pulled on one of my (burgundy) crochet braids and cocked my head to the side.   Now.

You need to really really like being part of a crowd to be a Tankard.  19 people in my L&D room?  No gawd.   On the other hand, it's a blessing that they all cover and support each other for everything, that's kind of sweet.

I'm not mad at Jewel's reaction to Cyrene's news.  I can't say that if somebody hurt my kid my first response would be to find out how she was emotionally, I really would jump to:  who was it?

Tish's grandma southern, Benji gone keep messing with her and finna come home to some boa scrapple for supper.

So now that Britney's got the all clear, I'm taking over-under bets, how long ya'll think it takes her to ask Ben to finance the sperm bank stuff? 

• Love 3

Is this show coming back?

Here's an article about a sexual assault lawsuit being filed on Howard University: https://www.buzzfeed.com/tylerkingkade/howard-university-sexual-assault-lawsuit?utm_term=.vmVXo2P68#.sh0ZOPzg2

I'm sorry but if I were Jewel, I wouldn't have let Cyrene go back to Howard.  Not to disparage Howard, because sexual assaults happen on every college campus and most of these colleges don't really care, but you're my baby and you're not going to college I pay $40K a year for you to attend for you to get raped & then ignored by the school.  Nope.