Type keyword(s) to search

Christmas Hangover

Acorns did not fall far from the Boudreaux and Murray tree.  

I had to laugh ar first when Mama B. got bent out of shape about the decorations.  When was this filmed, early November?  I could just see the neighbors bitching for the umpteenth time about something Lyle pulled.  

On the other hand, genuine sadness that he went with the Charlie Brown tree.  He's always gonna be a lost boy.  I bet his mama's turrible reaction to his attempt to please her cut waaaaaay deeper than we saw.  He's gonna chase her approval all his life, and never get it.

Murray's mama seemed like a gal who knew how to handle things and have a good time, too.  I can see where he was given a wiiiiiide berth as he became the loud person he is.  How could she really have the strength to hold him back if she wanted to?  Wanna bet Murray claimed those community service hours anyway?  Lord knows he is in a peck of trouble with all his drinking escapades.

I also can see where Daddy gets his smarts.  Daddy's daddy had a nice home.  I wonder how his parents manage any peace with such an unrepentant drunk for a son. I'd love to know if his brother is more responsible.  He sure did roll his eyes a few times observing Ryan.  

Gonna be hard for this cast to hold my interest in the new season.  What is left to explore?

This was a rather dispiriting little special. It was so obviously thrown together sometime in the fall, and it dragged. You know those sad little office Christmas parties where people boozily try too hard to have fun? Like that.

So Murray was raised by a grandmother? Or was she a foster mother who took him in?

Someone needs to do a hair intervention on Lauren. Loved Walt's shade as she claimed "I don't wear extensions."

What is Walt's occupation? Does he work on oil rigs? That might explain him living in a small camper on a job site.

Out of this crowd, I anticipate that Walt and Tiffany will go on to make something of themselves, and maybe Lauren too, but the others will probably still be staggering around their communities, collecting DUIs and drunken one-night stands until their livers quit. Daddy is downright pathetic, and Mattie running a close second.

I do enjoy seeing south Louisiana and Mississippi. Old stompin' grounds for me.

• Love 1

Haven't had a chance to watch the special yet but I'll try to catch it sometime in the near future.

Agree, that Walt and Tiffany and maybe Lauren have a chance at a "normal" life but the others are lost causes.   And that's a shame since both Lyle and Murray are dads.

Walt does indeed work in the Oil fields of Texas.  Hard life but good pay if you are willing to put in the hours.

Wow, Maddie looked rough!!  That's what living hard does to you - it shows on your face.  I too love Walt.  He reminds me of so many of the good ol redneck boys around here, which is no big surprise since he was born and raised in Kentucky.