Type keyword(s) to search

S07: Ginger Minj

• Start Topic

I think if her fashion sense was better she would be a shoe in for the win. Right now Katya and Max are dominating her  on the runway. 

I also really can't believe she's 29. She seems so much older, I thought she was at least 37.

Edited by blaase
  • Love 4

I really like this queen!  On some of the other boards she's getting a bit of slack for coming across as a bit mean to Max during Untucked but IDK, I don't see it that way.  She is simply being honest in saying to Max I didn't know about you at first, I wasn't sure going into this challenge how you were going to do BUT NOW I see my error (I'm paraphrasing on that last part but you get my jist). 

I think that's a sign of maturity.  Being able to say, "You know what?  I was wrong.  I see what you're doing and I find it interesting and cool even though it's not what I'm used to."  That made me like Ginger Minj quite a lot.

• Love 3

I really like this queen!  On some of the other boards she's getting a bit of slack for coming across as a bit mean to Max during Untucked but IDK, I don't see it that way.  She is simply being honest in saying to Max I didn't know about you at first, I wasn't sure going into this challenge how you were going to do BUT NOW I see my error (I'm paraphrasing on that last part but you get my jist). 

I like her too, specifically because she's said to both Pearl and Max that she didn't get them at first, but changed her mind once she worked with or saw them in action. She has a way of saying things that initially seems like it's going to be bitchy, but she takes it in the opposite direction.

Edited by Haberdasher
  • Love 2
(edited)

She is delusional thinking no one before her has been a better at comedy or singing. She doesn't hold a candle to Alaska in comedy, or Adore in singing. I think her singing is pretty damn mediocre, if not downright bad.

Edited by blaase
(edited)

She is delusional thinking no one before her has been a better at comedy or singing. She doesn't hold a candle to Alaska in comedy, or Adore in singing. I think her singing is pretty damn mediocre, if not downright bad.

I think Ginger's comment that no one "could sing or act like her on RuPaul's Drag Race" was clearly a defensive move, and not well thought-out. By that, I mean any viewer would immediately think of "Jinkx Monsoon" - if not "Adore Delano" or "Willam Belli" or "Alaska Thunderfuck" or "Courtney Act" and disprove her statement. Let's be clear, I think Ginger's great at comedy, acting, and singing, but she's one of many who's been good at dramatic skills and performance on the show in their own singular ways.  I think Ginger's conducted herself with a mind towards her reception by viewers up until this episode, when she cracked and let her insecurities stream out. It's a good run under the extraordinary pressure - even Bianca cracked a little by the "Glitter Ball" last season with her overreaction to Ben's runway comment - but she certainly came out of this episode looking worse than when she came in. That said, she was under an immense amount of stress and no one is perfect, so I still don't agree with the "I Hate Ginger" crowd.

Edited by vrocotamy
  • Love 2