Type keyword(s) to search

Spencer Reid: Gorgeous Gray Matter

• Start Topic

28 minutes ago, Droogie said:

Apparently I am not allowed to see the gag reel.  That Daily Motion site crashes about one minute in every time I try to watch it, and I've tried 12 million times, give or take.  Ain't nobody got time for that.

I will take care of that for you, gimme a couple of minutes :)

Droogie---please refer to your PM :)

Edited by ReidFan
  • Love 1

Perhaps Spencer doesn't want an office to himself, but I always thought he deserved some type of a cubicle with higher walls whenever he needs to go into his shell with his private thoughts. He deserves a space of his own.

Then again, maybe I think this because I hate open workspaces; they just stifle me and my creativity.

• Love 3
14 hours ago, Droogie said:

One of the sweetest scenes EVER.

I agree. I do a series on my book review blog, which I call Graphic and Novel. I just post a simple picture, sometimes with words, sometimes without. I'm definitely going to add this to my collection.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, ReidFan said:

there we are! 47 selfies by Smirky Von Noodlehair

selfieswithwatermark smaller.jpg

47 selfies? What is he? The long-lost Kardashian? 

I have never taken a selfie in my life and I'm not about to start now. I'm such a snob. Call me Countess Von Snobbington, Domestic Dame of the Sugar Mint Cookies and Other Dining Delights.

And you know how the Screaming Mimis are always spelling Reid as Reed? Well, I'm surprised they haven't called Matthew something like Mathias Grape Gobstopper. Oh, wait. Matthew might like that because Matthew is well, Matthew.

• Love 1

LMAO!! oh good god he's so funny. If you ever have the time, check out on youtube Matthew's pajama party at UNH. It's full of funny little stories (love him talking about getting a spanking from his dad for telling his older sister to &^%$ off) plus he's adorable in pjs

• Love 4
On 8/4/2016 at 8:02 PM, normasm said:

Because it didn't happen until after the tortures of puberty. I can identify, although I was never a stunning beauty, as he is.

Puberty is kind to no one, but at least Matthew turned out to be a thing of beauty. I'm still waiting...and waiting...and waiting...

Okay, I think for about 15 minutes sometime in the late 1990s I might have been considered pretty, now I guess I clean up to somewhat cute, but hot I will never be.

• Love 2

Feeling great because of a certain package arriving next week that is pretty dang special. Unique, large and very cool, indeed. 

Feeling medium because child may be being bullied but she's handling it well. On guard, though.

This. This darling man, always makes me feel better about everything. I do wish Spencer really existed. :)

Spence annoyed.jpg

• Love 1
12 hours ago, ReidFan said:

I haven't felt well today, didn't accomplish anything creatively. So I did a screen capture instead

matthew.jpg

Sorry you're not feeling good, I hope you get better soon!! 

Thanks for the capture!!

14 hours ago, ReidFan said:

I haven't felt well today, didn't accomplish anything creatively. So I did a screen capture instead

matthew.jpg

Sorry about you feeling under the weather. I hope making screen captures of Matthew is the medical elixir to get you feeling much better.

I think I heard him say that he was chubby when he was in high school. Maybe I heard it in one of the extras of the  DVDs, but it is also in youtube. The name is Meet MGG, I think.

But it is really hard to believe, I agree.

4 minutes ago, Bookish Jen said:

Didn't someone here mention Matthew was once chubby? That slender chap was once chubby? When? When he was a baby?

I don't believe it. I've seen photos of him from baby all the way up to college. He was never 'chubby' by my standards. maybe by Hollywood standards.

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, Bookish Jen said:

Didn't someone here mention Matthew was once chubby? That slender chap was once chubby? When? When he was a baby?

He was a bit chubby from about 3rd grade through high school, it appears. Even now, although he is thin, his hips cant out wide and his thighs are rounded.

• Love 2

I'm pretty generous with praise but our gorgeous Spencer was once short and stocky. There are tons of pics out there that attest to this.  He was no "Lard Ass" (from Stand By Me) but he was nowhere near the svelte specimen we see today.

I think he was adorable, though.  That, and knowing how badly he was bullied, just makes me wanna go back in time about 25 years and give him a hug.

4 minutes ago, normasm said:

He was a bit chubby from about 3rd grade through high school, it appears. Even now, although he is thin, his hips cant out wide and his thighs are rounded.

He has prettier legs than most women.

Edited by Droogie
  • Love 4
5 hours ago, Droogie said:

I'm pretty generous with praise but our gorgeous Spencer was once short and stocky. There are tons of pics out there that attest to this.  He was no "Lard Ass" (from Stand By Me) but he was nowhere near the svelte specimen we see today.

I think he was adorable, though.  That, and knowing how badly he was bullied, just makes me wanna go back in time about 25 years and give him a hug.

He has prettier legs than most women.

And I'm so glad he went to an arty high school where he really seemed to hit his stride. I hate to think what would have happened to him if he went to my horrific high school where I was bullied constantly and nobody gave a crap. Matthew would have dealt with the same bullshit.

Edited by Bookish Jen
  • Love 4

The first photo is freshman year.  Hardly lanky but not what I'd call chubby either.  The next three are when he was younger.  There are two more I couldn't readily find -- one of him wearing some sort of joker hat looking rather somber with his dad and his step-mom and younger bro, and another of him in a sort of unfortunate top hat/vest combo.  

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Edited by Droogie
  • Love 4
33 minutes ago, Droogie said:

The first photo is freshman year.  Hardly lanky but not what I'd call chubby either.  The next three are when he was younger.  There are two more I couldn't readily find -- one of him wearing some sort of joker hat looking rather somber with his dad and his step-mom and younger bro, and another of him in a sort of unfortunate top hat/vest combo.  

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Puberty is kind to nobody. Still, I think Matthew looks fine. I definitely would have written his initials all-over my Hello, Kitty Trapper Keeper.

Hello, Kitty Trapper Keeper...sounds rather naughty, doesn't it?

Well, coming out of your whore mouth, Booky, it certainly does!

Edited by Bookish Jen
  • Love 3

I think he's just precious.  He looks like a kid who is sweet, deep, creative, bad at sports -- all the things we love about him.  I don't think he looks chubby but he hardly looks athletic either.  In his UNH lecture he says he's always weighed 155, but hasn't always been as tall.  I thought that was a cute and funny way to explain it.

Also, in S1 (and probably beyond) of CM, there's no way he weighed 155. Maybe a buck-thirty soaking wet...

Edited by Droogie
  • Love 2
10 minutes ago, Droogie said:

I think he's just precious.  He looks like a kid who is sweet, deep, creative, bad at sports -- all the things we love about him.  I don't think he looks chubby but he hardly looks athletic either.  In his UNH lecture he says he's always weighed 155, but hasn't always been as tall.  I thought that was a cure and funny way to explain it.

Also, in S1 (and probably beyond) of CM, there's no way he weighed 155. Maybe a buck-thirty soaking wet...

Yep, Matthew is painfully thin in those early episodes; I just want to "fatten" him up a bit with a home cooked meal. Plus, I didn't like how he was stooped over with bad posture. Own that fabulous height of yours, Matthew! But then again, that may have been an affectation Matthew was using to portray Spencer.

Edited by Bookish Jen
  • Love 3
5 minutes ago, Droogie said:

I wonder what his favorite food is...  I guess he doesn't like seafood (per the Munchies episode), so I wonder what floats Mr. Gubler's boat.

Well, that leaves out a good, old-fashioned Wisconsin fish fry. I grew up on those! But remember, Matthew grew up in Nevada, not a whole lot of water around, whereas I grew up in Wisconsin, and now live just blocks away from Lake Michigan.

9 minutes ago, Bookish Jen said:

Yep, Matthew is painfully thin in those early episodes; I just want to "fatten" him up a bit with a home cooked meal. Plus, I didn't like how he was stooped over with bad posture. Own that fabulous height of yours, Matthew! But then again, that may have been an affectation Matthew was using to portray Spencer.

He had a swallowing disorder in the early seasons which he inherited from his dad, so eating pretty much anything was difficult. He had surgery to correct it and was able to bulk up (for him) after. Hubba hubba.

• Love 2
37 minutes ago, Bookish Jen said:

Well, that leaves out a good, old-fashioned Wisconsin fish fry. I grew up on those! But remember, Matthew grew up in Nevada, not a whole lot of water around, whereas I grew up in Wisconsin, and now live just blocks away from Lake Michigan.

37 minutes ago, Bookish Jen said:

Your post was so good I somehow quoted it twice.  But he grew up in the home of the chicken fried lobster!  How could he not like seafood?  I'm guessing he's a pasta man.  Plus reports are that he liked a lot of the beef offerings in Williamsburg, VA last year, not to mention he has been sighted at BBQ place more than once.  

37 minutes ago, Franky said:

He had a swallowing disorder in the early seasons which he inherited from his dad, so eating pretty much anything was difficult. He had surgery to correct it and was able to bulk up (for him) after. Hubba hubba.

Yes, achalasia.  Poor thing.  

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, Droogie said:

Your post was so good I somehow quoted it twice.  But he grew up in the home of the chicken fried lobster!  How could he not like seafood?  I'm guessing he's a pasta man.  Plus reports are that he liked a lot of the beef offerings in Williamsburg, VA last year, not to mention he has been sighted at BBQ place more than once.  

I make a really good beef pot roast, just saying and my BBQ pulled chicken sandwiches are pretty decent, too. I also make a lovely French onion soup.

As for chicken fried lobster? Got to pass. Shell fish and I do not mix very well.

Edited by Bookish Jen
  • Love 2
55 minutes ago, Droogie said:

and with twenty pound weights in his pockets. That achalasia (sp?) really did him in for a while

• Love 3
11 minutes ago, Bookish Jen said:

As for chicken fried lobster? Got to pass. Shell fish and I do not mix very well.

Oh...  So sorry.  I could exist on shellfish.  Thinking about going to Vegas just for that.  I'm currently on a crab kick.  Spent last weekend at my BIL's home on the Chesapeake Bay.  All ya gotta do for lunch is wade in the surf with a bucket.  Yum.

Meanwhile, you should invite MGG to supper, and dazzle his... tastebuds.  I could show him a good time with Beef Stroganoff, myself.

• Love 2

he has German and Swiss heritage..... I could make him a lovely homemade egg noodle/swiss cheese casserole he'd love. More chocolate and cheese than he'd know what to do with. And we know he loves cheese, it's been twittered about several times, he mentioned the &*#$%#ing cheese truck in one of those mockumentaries. He doesn't like salad, I can deal with that too. And to be honest, WHATEVER he wants, I will go out and buy and learn to cook if it makes him happy :)   (oh, relax, I do that for my husband too)  :-P and jello is apparently a favourite

jelloboy.jpg

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, ReidFan said:

he has German and Swiss heritage..... I could make him a lovely homemade egg noodle/swiss cheese casserole he'd love. More chocolate and cheese than he'd know what to do with. And we know he loves cheese, it's been twittered about several times, he mentioned the &*#$%#ing cheese truck in one of those mockumentaries. He doesn't like salad, I can deal with that too. And to be honest, WHATEVER he wants, I will go out and buy and learn to cook if it makes him happy :)   (oh, relax, I do that for my husband too)  :-P and jello is apparently a favourite

jelloboy.jpg

He loves cheese! Well, he definitely needs to come to America's Dairyland, Wisconsin. I just made some cheddar, buttermilk biscuits and my cheddar baked chicken is something I'm going to make for dinner next week. And I once made a broccoli cheese soup that turned out pretty good; I'll have to make it again once it gets cold. I also make brownies with a combination of cream cheese and crème fraiche. Next on the "made with cheese" list? Cheesecake. I've never made cheesecake before, but I found a recipe that looks rather easy.