Type keyword(s) to search

Spencer Reid: Gorgeous Gray Matter

• Start Topic

Thanks for the picture, ReidFan!! 

22 minutes ago, normasm said:

He's saying "I don't think you even believe that," to Morgan.

I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who knows part of the dialogues by memory!! 

I have watched the final scene of To Hell ... and Back, just the part in which Hotch says "sometimes there are no words..." and I suddenly realised that I was moving my lips following the words. (I love listening to his voice there) 

• Love 2

sounds like me and "Revelations" ... I can quote that one pretty much from beginning to end (Reid/team stuff, not the unsub)

41 minutes ago, normasm said:

He's saying "I don't think you even believe that," to Morgan.

he is. I call it his Canadian moment, looks like he's thinking "WTF" O:-)

• Love 2

I remember that Matthew posted about the achalasia on his Myspace page. He said something about how people were telling him it was just stress, he needed to relax and do some yoga and nobody was taking him seriously. I think he said it took awhile for the diagnosis and then he had to wait for confirmation-- which took over a week-- where they stuck a long tube down his throat (I think he might have said it went up his nose first but I can't recall) and then they confirmed that it was achalasia. He said he had to lick a stick of butter for sustenance and that he wasn't able to eat solid food for at least 30 days and he was absolutely miserable. He was gleeful when he was able to eat again. I think he said something about how now he was going to get fat-- and he was going to be the fat guy in sweatpants eating crackers in yoga class or something like that.

• Love 6

yeah, right, #ratbastard is gonna be the fat guy in sweatpants. hardly. the man just simply could not be unattractive if he tried. nuh uh.

and was it wrong that I read that and fervently wished I'd been a stick of butter?

• Love 4
1 hour ago, senin said:

Thanks for the picture, ReidFan!! 

I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who knows part of the dialogues by memory!! 

I have watched the final scene of To Hell ... and Back, just the part in which Hotch says "sometimes there are no words..." and I suddenly realised that I was moving my lips following the words. (I love listening to his voice there) 

The other day, when Hanley Waters was on, my husband was passing through the house. I was taking a break from work and watching the scene where Hotch is asking Rossi how it's going with the team. Just a beat before he says it, I say, "It's too soon, Aaron." When Rossi says that, hubby looks at me and says, "He just said that!" He teases. He knows CM reruns are my comfort zone. Don't know what I'll do now that they've changed the ION schedule up.

• Love 3
52 minutes ago, normasm said:

The other day, when Hanley Waters was on, my husband was passing through the house. I was taking a break from work and watching the scene where Hotch is asking Rossi how it's going with the team. Just a beat before he says it, I say, "It's too soon, Aaron." When Rossi says that, hubby looks at me and says, "He just said that!" He teases. He knows CM reruns are my comfort zone. Don't know what I'll do now that they've changed the ION schedule up.

sorry normasm, that sucks, I know.

• Love 1
21 hours ago, ReidFan said:

fall colours in my local park......with a special guest thanks to Photoshop (and I am Mccabebabe, that's my FB name)

fallpockets.jpg

Lovely scenery. Like Matthew, my favorite season is autumn. I love the fall foliage, the crispness in the air and the cooler weather (extremely hot weather is not my friend). In the fall, I get to wear my sweaters (I'm a total sweater girl), my black tights, I dress up more for work and best of all, I get my bake on!

• Love 2

Oh, Matthew's definitely on point in the episode. I hate it specifically because seeing Reid take a beating and die isn't my cup of tea. Ever. 

Also I could totally be wrong about the ep. Gut reaction to his expression.

yeah.... saw it on my phone--itty bitty screen earlier, but now, on the full computer screen, that's definitely from Zugzwang. I was thinking Magnum Opus maybe, but no, he was unshaven/unkempt in that one and he looks relatively  clean here.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Franky said:

Oh, Matthew's definitely on point in the episode. I hate it specifically because seeing Reid take a beating and die isn't my cup of tea. Ever. 

Also I could totally be wrong about the ep. Gut reaction to his expression.

oh I hate seeing that too, especially the die part, cause if I'd seen this episode when it originally aired, if I'd actually had to have waited through that commercial break between 'he dies' and 'Tobias resuscitates him' I would have died of anxiety myself. Instead, I'm just a hot mess of bawling every time I watch this episode from the first moment of beating through til the unfortunate end where they don't take him to the hospital like they really should have. And my son and/or husband roll their eyes and want me committed.

• Love 2

Thanks for the last pictures, both ReidFan and Droogie.

I think I'm in minority here, but I love Reid's long hair, so I love any picture of season 5.

About "Revelations":  one of my favourite episodes, I have lost count of the times I've watched it. Matthew is so good in it!!! 

And I also love the performance of James Van Der Beek, even if Iwant to kill him all the time. 

But I also hate the episode,because of the reasons you've said,  and curiously instead of getting better, it gets more difficult to watch the torture with each new "visit". Why do I keep wtching it?? Just because. 

By the way, in my DVDs for season 2 I do have the "commentaries" version of Revelations, and I love it!!

Editing to ask a question: how long are the commercial breaks, in US? Having to wait to see what had happened after he "died" would have been torture!!

Edited by senin
  • Love 2
On 9/10/2016 at 3:47 PM, Droogie said:

Oh...  So sorry.  I could exist on shellfish.  Thinking about going to Vegas just for that.  I'm currently on a crab kick.  Spent last weekend at my BIL's home on the Chesapeake Bay.  All ya gotta do for lunch is wade in the surf with a bucket.  Yum.

Meanwhile, you should invite MGG to supper, and dazzle his... tastebuds.  I could show him a good time with Beef Stroganoff, myself.

And we could do crafts, too!

No-Evil-Autumn-Centerpiece3_Medium_ID-10

• Love 3
1 hour ago, senin said:

About "Revelations":  one of my favourite episodes, I have lost count of the times I've watched it. Matthew is so good in it!!! 

And I also love the performance of James Van Der Beek, even if Iwant to kill him all the time. 

But I also hate the episode,because of the reasons you've said,  and curiously instead of getting better, it gets more difficult to watch the torture with each new "visit". Why do I keep wtching it?? Just because. 

By the way, in my DVDs for season 2 I do have the "commentaries" version of Revelations, and I love it!!

Editing to ask a question: how long are the commercial breaks, in US? Having to wait to see what had happened after he "died" would have been torture!!

yeah, James vander Beek is absolutely fantastic in this, he makes it very clear which of the three personalities he is, in each scene. Just phenomenal.

dunno about the US, but in Canada, the commercial breaks can be as short as one minute and as long as three, depending on where in the hour it falls, and what channel we're talking about. A few of the stations like to compact the commercials into four instead of five breaks so they can run a news update during the last one (I know this cause my husband used to work for the local tv station). Criminal Minds runs between 42 and 44 minutes long, the opening theme is a minute and they will cut it out if they need the time for the episode (Like they did with A Beautiful Disaster for example). That's 13-15 minutes of ad time, typically the news break is 3 leaving them with 10-12 minutes of ad time to sell in four breaks, so in the case of ten minutes of ad time, it's probably 4 x 2.5 minutes; with 12 minutes, it'd be 4 x 3 minutes. and three minutes was waaaaaay too long between 'he dies' and 'he's resuscitated' Even the 6x ff through the break was about 30 seconds and killed me the first time I watched it. And that was BEFORE I was in love with Matthew Gray Gubler!

• Love 3

oh before I forget, today's screencap, brought to you from "Tribute"

and, apparently off topic, but related to a CM/Reid fic I'm currently working on, is there anybody here that can answer me a few questions about C-sections as done in the US?

missingmorgan.jpg

• Love 1

yeah, I think so. Definitely that scene, not sure of the exact dialogue.  (and I still think that whole thing was dumb. Morgan had been off for six months, and just come back and retired after the Montolo thing. The time for the team to miss him woulda been the six months ago)

• Love 2

I am sure of the dialogue, at least the final line, because I love Rossi's word game (is this expression correct?) 

And I don't think I really agree with you about missing Morgan. When he was off for some months, they knew he was going to come back, and now they know he isn't. There is another idea I would like to add, but my "English brain" is not working very well right now, I'll try again later. 

• Love 2
17 minutes ago, senin said:

Thank you again!!  I wonder why you chose purple... 

No idea of the episode. Any clues? 

supposedly Reid's favourite colour, judging by how often he's seen wearing it. Though I suppose that could be BJ Rogers' decision :)

the episode is from season 11

• Love 1

Thanks for reposting it!! 

I think I wrote something like :

This picture is beautiful even without Matthew, with him it is.... (can't fin the word). And I said something about the beautiful colours... don't remember the exact words. 

After all, the one with the eidetic memory is Reid!! 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, ReidFan said:

yeah, sounds like it....though I do wonder what wearing a bra has to do with having the s#!t scared out of you.

I'm going to guess she means that if you have an ample bosom like Paget, it would probably not feel too comfortable if you had the shit scared out of you while bra-less, only because you are liable to jump suddenly. 

• Love 1