Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E23: Roland

Episode synopsis:  When top scientists at an aeronautics research lab die under mysterious circumstances, the agents suspect a mentally-challenged janitor may somehow be the culprit. Written by: Chris Ruppenthal. Directed by: David Nutter.

I just watched this episode and that scene at the end with Roland and Tracy just gets me every damn time. When he gives her his stars... Eyes. Welling. Up. Zeljko Ivanec really brought it.

But apart from their shared scenes it's really difficult to stay engaged in the episode.

I think Roland has the same mildly patronizing attitude towards those with developmental disabilities that shows up in most media, and I am irrationally annoyed by the fact they put Scully in a blouse she'd never wear (which, for season one Scully, is saying something, because girlfriend clearly was not picky about her clothing) just so Roland could have something to count.

It's not a total clunker for me, but it's pretty boring and one I rarely watch.

Oh, I agree with you, Bastet. Doesn't make me any less of a sap during those scenes!

And I was wondering how the hell Roland could count all those stars when Scully showed about 10% of that blouse.