Type keyword(s) to search

Chas: Big Yellow Taxi

Do you have some ideas about our favorite eternal cabbie, Chas?  He's played by Charles Halford.

Just when we start to get a bit of an idea about Chas, TPTB keep him out of the next episode!

I am looking forward to getting to know more about him.

As I said elsewhere, I loved Chas in the latest episode. He was willing to face down a murderous spirit, more than once!  That he keeps taking hits and seems relatively nonplussed is amazing. I want to know more about how Chas and John found each other, because Chas doesn't sound like he's an ex-pat to me.

Chas is one of my favorite new characters of the season to date!

• Love 1

It's a departure from the comics, but I'm glad Chas isn't a half-witted sad sack who's constantly being ordered around by John. This version seems to have chosen the fight against Evil of his own free will, with a good idea of what he's getting himself into.

Edited by Bruinsfan
  • Love 1

(Bruinsfan! Hi! You may or may not remember me as 'random') 

Yeah, series Chas is actually half-way interesting. And a nice opposite set of character traits to play off John: calm, thoughtful, capable of sequential reasoning and planning, vs. intense, excitable, lethally non-linear and normality-avoidant.

Edited by cyan

Nope, sorry, I cannot accept this version of Chas.  He is my absolute favourite character from the comic books, I even have original comic-art from the Chase spin off, and this guy is nothing like him.  

I want him trying to avoid the supernatural (even those he has the most bonkers backstory out of everyone), I want him growling at John, moaning about the constant lifts he has to give John, (my fav Chas line from the comics is "Get in the cab you freeloading wanker!".  I want Renee (pronounced Ree-nee because she's an Eastender!).  I just want my Chas and I'm not getting him :(  

If this bloke was called Dave or Nathan, he'd be fine, but he's too easy-going, too willing, and I'm really not getting the years-old friendship that I expected.  

• Love 1