Type keyword(s) to search

Fresh Meat (2006)

Lantern7
  • Start Topic

Given the passing of Diem yesterday, I figured that we could talk about her original tour of duty on Free Agents. She was part of an experiment, to infuse new talent into the Challenge franchise, pairing newbies with cast members from The Real World and Road Rules.

Truth be told, I've forgotten a lot about FM. For one thing, all I can remember about Diem was how she went out in the final endgame along with her teammate Derrick, who was still in his hard luck phase of his career. Also, this was before the cancer hit her for the first time.

Darrell & Aviv wound up winning . . . the latter being a former Israeli solider (IIRC) who would never be seen on the franchise again because she was too normal. We'd wind up with the likes of obnoxious Kenny (paired with Tina), fat guy Eric (Katie), and agro Evelyn (Danny). There was also the scrub Casey, who would win five times partnered with Wes, tying Sarah's record in The Gauntlet. I try not to think about that, because both first-timers sucked so hard. On the flip side, Coral found a buddy in Evan, and they topped the standings for the bulk of the first half of the season, being entertaining in the process. Then Evan suffered a hernia, Coral got hurt as well, and they were forced to bow out. This was back when I regarded the Canadian as far less of a pantload than I do now. Coral will always be golden for me.

Anybody else want to share fractured memories about Fresh Meat?

Truth be told, I've forgotten a lot about FM. For one thing, all I can remember about Diem was how she went out in the final endgame along with her teammate Derrick, who was still in his hard luck phase of his career. Also, this was before the cancer hit her for the first time.

I thought she had cancer when she was competing on Fresh Meat?  I vaguely remember a fight with her and Tina.

• Love 1

The only thing that really sticks in my mind about this challenge is Kenny saying one of only two funny things that ever came out of his mouth: proclaiming that he and Tina needed to win, because he needed a nose job.  That was legitimately funny.

That, and Danny thinking he had the competition in the bag because he got to pick Ev first, and then they went out right away.  Any time Danny loses is hilarious.

• Love 1