Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E02: Credit Where Credit is Due

Lisin
  • Start Topic

From IMDB "When Weevil's grandmother is arrested for credit card fraud, Veronica and Wallace reluctantly help the investigation to clear her name. Meanwhile, Logan's new girlfriend, Caitlin Ford, joins the 09ers in making Veronica's life difficult, while a new arrival in town, Troy Vandegraff, tries to get to know her better."

This episode really introduces the class division that exists in Neptune. Plus stupid stunt casting in the form of Paris Hilton (who's bangs look AWFUL here). I'm going to need Tara Ariano Wig Cop to come on and tell me how they managed to get Veronica's hair to be long in the flashbacks and short in the episode without the long hair looking like an obvious wig (or maybe it does and I'm just horrible at spotting wigs) because I was debating the possibility that they shot all the flashbacks at once and then cut Kristen Bell's hair. That's not what happened though right? 

Gotta be a wig, right? I never notice things like that, probably due to those pesky Y chromosomes.

Parish Hilton, huh? I had forgotten that happened. Well...yeah, okay. Not a hugely great case-of-the-week, as those things go. Not terrible or anything, just a bit bland. It does definitely bring the class divide into much sharper relief than the pilot.

I liked the whole traffic ticket bit, despite the newspaper assignment (*and* car trouble - well, Logan-given car trouble, at least) being kind of contrived. (Also, the Lily Kane thing ripped this town apart less than a year ago - would the sherif's department lady really not recognize the name? I guess if she moved to town since then it could be seen as a sign that, though the whole thing completely redefined Veronica's life, it maybe didn't actually change the town that much overall.)

Weevil is indeed a bit more of a softie - he even tells that rando to stop his gang's brutal beating of his cousin before they went too far! Though to be fair, cousin was a major douche.

• Love 1

I'm assuming it's a wig but it's a good one!

I love the traffic ticket bit but you're right, the lady at the sheriff’s department really should have recognized the name! I hadn't even thought of that! I mean I still remember the name of Natalee Holloway and that happened in Aruba, nowhere near where I live... The VO makes it sound like this was national news, that her father is disgraced everywhere. Hmm.

Weevil is the best! He's great in this episode. I love the scene outside his house at night, and then when he hugs Veronica when he gets home too.

• Like 1

@Carrie Ann, I know what you mean, I just think KB's is pretty well done here. I was watching another episode that had a longer flashback of "the party" and Dick's girlfriend has an AWFUL wig so maybe KB's just a good wig wearer?

@Carrie Ann, I know what you mean, I just think KB's is pretty well done here. I was watching another episode that had a longer flashback of "the party" and Dick's girlfriend has an AWFUL wig so maybe KB's just a good wig wearer?

It's probably partly that KB wears a wig well, but you can also tell that they spent more money on KB's wig because she has to wear it in so many flashbacks.  When we see Madison in a wig, I'd assume it's because the actress dyed her hair brown and they didn't have much time (or money?) to find a suitable wig for her to wear so she matched the show's continuity.

• Love 1

Ok, haven't gotten to Madison yet, so I'll have to watch the wig thing.  I agree that KB wears a wig incredibly well, her hair always looks so good.

A bit surprised Weevil's cousin fell for the rich girl (and I knew she looked familiar - she fit the part alright).

I agree that the Sunday person at the sheriff's dept. should have recognized the name, given that the family is obviously the rich big-wigs in town and the daughter dying would be a big deal.

And not only can I not tell the white highschool boys apart, I can't tell the white sheriff officers apart either, and if they get any more pretty white blonde girls in the show, that will take the cake.  Talk about homogenous.  Thank god for Wallace and Weevil.

• Love 1