Type keyword(s) to search

Cast in Other Roles

indeed

(edited)

Excellent!  I follow Kai but don't hear much except about his running (I think it's his running.  It's never very clear.)  Hadn't thought about following GDL.  I'll start doing that tomorrow!  

ETA:  I forgot to follow GDL.  See, it's Ianto who stole my heart.  GDL not as much.

Edited by Captanne
(edited)

Eve voiced elf mage Merrill in 2011's Dragon Age II. Gareth voiced another elf mage, Solas

(who is actually Fen'Harel, the elves' native trickster god)

, in 2014's Dragon Age: Inquisition. Both characters can be romanced by the player character.

ETA: I totally forgot that Indira Varma also voiced human mage Vivienne in Inquisition. She can't be romanced by the player character.

Edited by Admiranda

Just posting this here. Finished watching s2 of Broadchurch...and all I could think was....PLEASE please let this be where Gwen Cooper finally gets some comeuppance. Mostly because I thought Eve played this character pretty much like Gwen

And?

I don't have cable anymore, I cancelled it ages ago.  Also, the first Broadchurch bored the tears out of me -- "Murder, She Wrote" crossed with "Matlock" but with English Accents more dialectic than a mere Angela Lansbury.  OMG, the boredom.  So, I didn't feel compelled to watch Series 2.  Especially when I saw her in it.  Nope, nope, nope.  Gwen Cooper ruined Whatserface for me.  That actress is no draw for me.

Edited by Captanne

Is S2 good? I have them all DVRed. I figured I'd wait until all of the upcoming season finales are all over and then dive in since I haven't had a chance to watch them when they originally aired recently on BBC America. I haven't even watched the new Orphan Black yet. *gasp*

I have a Roku Netflix and Amazon Prime -- works a treat!  I paid for Orphan Black.  I lurve that series.  And Vikings.  Love me the Vikings.  Grand total:  $45.  That's my cable bill for the year.  (And, maybe the Baseball if I feel like doing it.  So far the radio is fine this early in the season.)

Broadchurch is too dull for me.  Maybe when it's free.  But I just can't bear the thought of watching Eve Myles.  I can't stand her.

That's what spoiler tags are for.  Just sayin'.  Thing is, I don't care about the ending of a show I don't care about.  I just thought you hadn't finished your comment about the character getting comeuppance and vicariously making everyone feel better about how horrible Gwen Cooper is.

Edited by Captanne

So. JB in Arrow.  I can safely say that I think his work in Arrow is just remarkable. Honestly. He has just really upped his game and by up I mean he's become a really fine screen actor and he seems to have lost all of his tendencies to go a bit big at times. And he's creating another IMO iconic character.  And there is not a hint of Jack Harkness in him.

Finally (binge) watched Broadchurch S2. EM wasn't bad, but she had too much of a case of mopey face. I guess that's an improvement from big eyes acting! Not really a spoiler, but just in case...

Hope that's all wrapped up and the show moves on to something new in S3.

Finally got around to watching Pacific Rim, too. Enjoyed seeing Burn in it.

We're finally going to get some "Tosh" and "Gwen" interaction...sort of. Naoko and Eve are voicing a Halloween story on BBC Radio 4.

The Ring, the story of a mysterious death-prophesying videotape, will star Torchwood’s Eve Myles and Naoko Mori, Broadchurch’s Matthew Gravelle, and Rush's Akira Koieyama. Playwright Anita Sullivan has adapted the script, with BBC Wales’ James Robinson directing. It will follow on from The Stone Tape, at 11pm on Halloween.

Edited by indeed