Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilered Speculation

Here's one thing I'm not sure about from the comics... if he's still smoking in the pilot does that means "Bad Habits" hasn't happened? Is there a chance "Bad Habits" could happen here (especially since the comic version kept having a role in stories) instead of the simplified movie version?

"Bad Habits" remains one of the greatest story arcs in the Hellblazer series and cemented just how dangerous John was to both Heaven and Hell. I certainly hope that it will be examined in the show. To me, it's a real no-brainer because it has so much potential. I was upset with how the movie-version handled the storyline and since the tv series seems determined to be more faithful to the source material, I'm hopeful that they'll tell the story properly.

I'm looking forward to seeing more characters drawn from the comics to the show. They've already cast Papa Midnight. If they follow the storyline in the comics, Richie won't be around too long. I'd like to see characters like Elle and the First of the Fallen come into play. Fortunately with the comics having such a long run, there's a huge amount of material for the show to take its inspiration from.

I'd just as soon they not use the comics version of First of the Fallen - he always seemed so crude and petty to me. (I much prefer the Neil Gaiman/Mike Carey Lucifer, who has both nobility and a view of the big picture even if he ruthlessly destroys people to achieve his aims.)