Type keyword(s) to search

Moonshiners - General Discussion

• Start Topic

I started this so we can discuss the show in-between airings of the seasons. Rumors, gossip, 'shiner sightings, etc.

I haven't seen Wayne online in a while so I think he may be involved in taping the upcoming season. I may stop by his younger brother's pet store soon to see what I can find out.

Jim Tom is traveling around selling his new moonshine that is now available from Sugarland Distributing in Tennessee. He went to lunch at a Cracker Barrel for the first time in his life recently. I told his niece that he needs to get out more. :)

The song Jim Tom did with Josh and Josh of My Highway is being played on the local radio station. I laugh every time I hear it.

If I can find out anything about taping locally, I'll post it here. Also any photos of moonshiner sightings. I may be going to Hillbilly Woodstock in Maggie Valley, NC next weekend, and I am sure some of them will be there.

If you live near Bristol, VA, a message from Jim Tom:

Be headed to bristol race this week end to sign a lot of jim tom,s rye whiskey hope the drivers don,t get to brave because if you drink to much of it you might start loveing your mother in law or get in a spin out then the 9th and 10th off to west va and mabey to Ca .so come on down and have some fun .

That's great on both counts.  Though I hope there is a bit less forced drama in this upcoming season.

I have been looking for Tim's moonshine up here in IL, but so far I haven't seen it.   I keep pestering my stores to let me know when/if they do get it though.  Because I definitely want to try it sometime.

Thanks for the inside gossip, cooksdelight!

Please keep Roy, Jim Tom's friend, in your prayers. He's not been feeling well, and some spots showed up on his lungs in an X-ray. The doctor doesn't think it's anything to be concerned about yet, but will keep monitoring his condition.

Roy appeared in several episodes last season.

OK... what the hell is Tim doing making illegal shine? I thought the whole purpose of him going legal was that he couldn't do that anymore and still have his Climax Moonshine business? If the show is going to go off script, they need to keep the continuity going.

No sign of Wayne. I'll stop by the pet store and try to find out what happened.

Roy is back, and thankfully he's in good health. He and Jim Tom will be a riot together. I guess Jim Tom got all his issues worked out about selling his moonshine through Sugarland Distributers, not Old Smoky, which was their main advertiser last year.

I will say one thing for Mark.... the stuff he's showing about how he hunts is the real deal. A friend hunts with him and says he's phenomenal for tracking and finding game. They always come home with something. He's sort of a hunting legend around here.

Looking forward to next week! LOL at Bill and Josh, still as hapless as ever.

I'm happy seeing Tim in his overalls, no shirt, and wearing his beat up hat. Just like the good old days except without Tickle as his sidekick. It sure doesn't make sense though since he's all legal now. Who are those new guys? One of them sounds like he's not from around there.

I could watch more of Mark out hunting, That trap he built was pretty cool. 

No sign of Darlene and Mike so I guess they're off the show. 

Looks like it's going to be a good season. 

ABC laws in Virginia are different from here in NC or TN or GA. Virginia wants it all under their control, with not a lot of creativity left for the distiller. I'm not sure which distillery Wayne is using, but it might be the same one Jim Tom is using in TN.

Plus, all the craziness we saw on TV was just made up for the show.

Well, this is interesting news. Considering that Discovery was about to stop Jim Tom from making his own brand of moonshine since he was using Sugarlands and not Old Smoky Distillery (who was a big sponsor of the show). Will be watching to see who's commercials start appearing.

We are so Happy that Moonshiners Steven Tickle, and Mark Rogers, have joined Jim Tom Hedrick at Sugarlands... Look for Tickle's Fireball Shine, and Mark's Peach Shine coming real soon ... We always love when they stop in to see us.

Mark Rogers is Chico.

In case you're wondering why it's called Hanging Dog, here's a little history about the area:

Years ago when the Cherokee Indians still roamed the lands in WNC dogs were used in big game hunts and a good dog was a valuable possession insuring successful hunts.

This particular winter had been a harsh one and hunting was becoming less and less successful, the people in the village were getting very famished and desperately needed a good kill. The best hunter and his dog were sent out on a cold winter day, with the winter snow falls and heavy rains all the creeks were rushing much higher than normal. The hunter and dog struck up a chase on a good sized white tail deer, one that would feed the village for a few days and insure the braves and dogs status in the tribe.

The chase went on for hours and after many unsuccessful attempts the dog finally chased the deer into a gap where the young brave waited with bow and arrow, he set his projectile free and it found its mark but as was the case in most hunts the deer continued to run with dog in chase. The deer instinctively went to water and crossed a rather large swollen creek, the dog having to swim became entangled in vines along the creek bank and was in danger of drowning when the Indian brave rescued his most valuable possession, then he and the dog found the deer not far from the site where the dog was hanging in the vines, the hunter and dog returned to a huge welcome from the tribe and the young Indian brave told the story on he found his dog hanging in the creek, from that time on the creek was called Hanging Dog Creek and later shortened to Hanging Dog

Two episodes tonight. One is a Secret Summit, looking ahead to this season, and Jim Tom will be present this time. I heard they filmed it in the Snowbird area of Robbinsville, which is where Jim Tom lives. Made it easy for him to get there, I guess, as I know he doesn't like to travel much.

Here's a recap of the premiere episode, which will air right after the Secret Summit:

Tim is on the run in the Season 4 premiere. Meanwhile, Tickle and Tyler take their partnership to a new level.

I literally laughed out loud when I saw the building Jeff & Mark plan to bust into to set up their still. It's right in the heart of downtown Robbinsville near where my late grandmother used to live.

Chuck, you need to watch more cop shows on TV. You should have picked up those shell casings with gloves or a pencil so you could maybe get some fingerprints off he casings from whoever loaded them into the gun.

I love Tickle with Chico. They are the Laurel and Hardy of this show.

Off to a good start. Glad to see Jim Tom back with Roy (who several members of my kin have bought moonshine from for years). And I saw commercials for Ole Smoky Moonshine so I guess whatever problems the sponsors had with JT using a rival distillery have been settled.

Jeff and Lance gave a free plug to Ingles Markets when they said that's where to go buy the sugar from. They are one of the largest grocery store chains around here, I hope they appreciated it and weren't shocked. LOL

Thanks again for the local insight!   Is that abandoned building truly "abandoned"?  Or is it just an actor in this play as well? 

I still kinda wish for Tickle to be with Tim once again.  But the Tickle/Chico combo does provide some quality entertainment at times.   And maybe it was just me, but when Tim was questioning Chico about the fire at the distillery, it almost looked like Chico was trying hard not to just but out laughing. 

Good to have Jim Tom back.  Great to see whatever legal issues that resided with him with a rival shine/distributor were apparently settled. 

I am glad to see Josh and Bill are apparently off to a decent start.  I am sure they will have their setbacks (as they were essentially the "Laurel and Hardy" of last year), but I hope they wind up being successful this year.

Wayne's Hanging Dog Moonshine is now available in most stores.

UPDATE, HD Moonshine is in the NC warehouse it now up to the ABC stores in NC to order it, go to your local store and ask for it # 66067, SC has it in their warehouse available to Liquor stores, go to your local store and demand it in SC, GA will be getting their product in the warehouse next week or the week after if stores start calling in asking for it the product will get there much sooner so again go to your local liquor store and ask for Hanging Dog Moonshine in fact go to several stores only takes a minute and it will sure help me get the product out there, Apple Pie is not far behind, so when the stores see how well the straight moonshine is doing they will be all over the Apple Pie product

if you want to order on line go to http://moonshineinternational.com/ he is anxious to sell

• Love 1