Type keyword(s) to search

S15.E04: The Book Of Shadows

Oh, dear.  I would just like to point out that Wiccans do not use blood sacrifices -- human or otherwise -- in their spells and rituals.

I know!  I know very little about Wiccan practices, but even I caught that. I'm wondering if it was generally sloppy research on the part of the writers, or they figured that they could throw anything at the audience and we would just go along with it, or maybe the characters were just supposed to be a group of dummies who just bought a bunch of stuff, read misc. things on the internet and made it up as they went along?  I kind of figured on the latter theory--they had no idea what they were doing, so they just used a mishmash of 'spells', using no real knowledge.

I actually thought that the janitor was the killer, because he was the only actor I recognized.  The principal was annoying and kind of strange. Her head seemed a little airy, too.

Edited by BooksRule
  • Love 2
I know!  I know very little about Wiccan practices, but even I caught that. I'm wondering if it was generally sloppy research on the part of the writers, or they figured that they could throw anything at the audience and we would just go along with it, or maybe the characters were just supposed to be a group of dummies who just bought a bunch of stuff, read misc. things on the internet and made it up as they went along?  I kind of figured on the latter theory--they had no idea what they were doing, so they just used a mishmash of 'spells', using no real knowledge.

I'm not entirely sure what was going on there; from what I could see, those people were practicing some form of ceremonial magic rather than Wicca.  Actually, I suspect the makers wanted a Halloween-type episode, and just threw in a bunch of stuff that sounded good.

I do give them credit, though, for debunking the idea that the pentagram is Satanic.

• Love 1

David Hodges seemed to get into the Pagan/Wiccan theme. Greg did not, he played it like a joke. Nick actually played it kinda cool and didn't joke about it to much. But it wasn't like it was some kook playing Dracula or a witch. It was the Wicca rituals. Yes the pentagram is protection. Nice to see Detective Kevin Crawford. He, like Brass, works well with Nick. But Nick works well with Officer "Mitch" Mitchell too. But I miss Jim Brass a lot!! Magic not Meth! Wicca saved Ed.

The video taken by Mason Brewer at beginning showed all the suspects. We had Teacher Chet Messner being set on fire,(toast). Ofcourse I suspected the jock, Rob "Turk" Turkla, but then he ended up swimming(not well). Then it was Janitor Ed Lusk, (he was a recognizable actor). Then I thought the "it" girl, Hanna Hunt, who turned out to be a sweet girl. I didn't until later suspect "To nice voiced, and QB lover Principal Dawn Meadows or Mason's mother Rebecca. she hid it real well. Even when interrogated, Dawn was nicey nice until Russell pressed.

Greg got to do the punch line again, Looks like Messner did the wrong thing and got burned!".

But we find that Chet made steroids, and Turk owed him money for them. Chet talked about Wiccan club outside of school. Principal Meadows loved Turk and her hubby was seeing stripper Tangerine. Hanna Hunt had been raped by Turk, and Lusk had put a curse on Morgan. Think I covered it all, lol.

Greg and Morgan found in the janitors closet a,"alter to the cleaning gods!" lol.

Julie Finley is back in town, and only thing we saw on Gig Harbor was Russell looking over the evidence board one more time.

We find at end that Mason needs chemo. He may have 6 months to live. Mom is in jail for murder. Not totally sure why she did it? Hanna's family lets Mason live with them. Big Hug!

No Ecklie, Henry or Sara?

Does it seem that David Hodges and Henry Andrews aren't in the same episodes yet this season? Seems they each have been in 2. But we have seen little of the lab rats this year. Maybe they are cutting back on screen time. Same reason they let Jim Brass go, he had wanted to cut back on his episodes for his family. But Detective Kevin Crawford has also only been in 2 episodes, as of the 4th episode this season. So Jim could have been in the other 2? Even Sara Sidle has missed a couple episodes

Watching this, I was going "Wow - I bet all (Neo-)Pagans will hate this episode!" (what  with tptb's presentation of fatties, midgets, Larpers and... well every other minority group, ever). Do Vegas Principals (even Pagan ones) really wonder about school showing that much cleavage? I'd've thought the parents would be complaining, to say nothing of the comments on the bathroom walls.

On the other hand, I have to give the episode props for being set in a school and not have the killer be a kid. Don't they know the show they're on?