Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E15: The Darkness

As women in the castle mingle with possible suitors, Lola is reluctant to participate; Kenna fears for her safety after another violent incident with King Henry; Bash determines to uncover the truth about the darkness.

I've been wanting to get this off my chest for several eps now, and this seems as good a time as any:

Note to writers: Pick a gothic trope.  Either "crazy, neglected monstrous creature (ghost?) with a heart of gold locked away in the attic (or walls) through no fault of her own" OR "mysterious vaguely occultic practices (and vampires?) in the haunted forest threatening people."  PICK ONE.  Not both.  This is neither Jane Eyre or American Horror Story.

I am not a crackpot.

• Love 2
(edited)

So am I supposed to believe that Henri's new interest in kink is because he has some kind of disease (why else mention his black pee?) or because he has suddenly become a power hungry misogynist (see: his weird speech near the end of the episode)?

Either way, no thanks. I have no interest in watching him terrorize Kenna or Catherine with violence.

I don't care about the Boogie Monster who chained up Olivia or who killed Bash's latest girlfriend. I do kind of love that Olivia refuses to give up the Crazy Hair even though she's back in the castle hiding out in Nostradamus' lair.

If Mary and Lola want to keep that baby a secret, then maybe they shouldn't keep YELLING about it constantly. It's bad enough that they do it inside their bedrooms (because, let's be honest, anyone like Francis or Catherine could be coming to see Mary and hear them clear as day), but it's even worse that they're talking about it loudly as they walk down the hallways passing servants and guards.

I know nobles were brought up to act like the servants are furniture, but they are capable of both listening and talking. The girls aren't even smart enough to use code or discuss it discreetly in vague terms. Nope, they're just yelling, "IF FRANCIS FINDS OUT THAT YOU ARE PREGNANT WITH HIS CHILD, HE WILL BE VERY UPSET!"

For some reason, Greer suddenly started resembling Cersei Lannister in this episode. I've never seen it before but between the color of her hair and the shape of her eyes, she now reminds me so much of her!

Edited by ElectricBoogaloo
  • Love 1
o am I supposed to believe that Henri's new interest in kink is because he has some kind of disease (why else mention his black pee?) or because he has suddenly become a power hungry misogynist (see: his weird speech near the end of the episode)?

Yeah Henri was always a dog but he wasn't a choke the life out of you crazy misogynist. It seemed like he did love Diane and he let Kenna choose the time she lost her virginity. He wasn't exactly respectful but he wasn't murdering girls for fun or talking about putting women in their place (dead) either. So I guess we're meant to think he's got a disease, maybe porphyria? Or else "The Darkness" has got him like Olivia. I suspect he's not long for this world though, and this is the start of it.

Note to writers: Pick a gothic trope.  Either "crazy, neglected monstrous creature (ghost?) with a heart of gold locked away in the attic (or walls) through no fault of her own" OR "mysterious vaguely occultic practices (and vampires?) in the haunted forest threatening people."  PICK ONE.  Not both.

Yeah they are throwing very gothic and/or Game of Thrones trope at the wall to see what sticks. 

For some reason, Greer suddenly started resembling Cersei Lannister in this episode. I've never seen it before but between the color of her hair and the shape of her eyes, she now reminds me so much of her!

I'm on record since episode one saying that she should play a grown-up Myrcella on GoT because she's a dead ringer for a younger Cersei.  And I'm not the only one who's noticed.

tumblr_mwtv1pK4F71s0zj39o1_500.jpg