Type keyword(s) to search

S13.E20: Top 10 Perform

• Start Topic

I adore how the judges are publicly and consistently throwing the band under the bus this season.  I'm kinda surprised the producers are letting them do it that blatantly.

Caleb is so head shoulders above anyone else this season, and my personal favorite.  Just not sure if I can see him winning.  But then, I'm not sure who else would win either.  Alex might end up Kris Allen-ing it to the end I guess.  Malaya may have a shot if she can control the crazy long enough.  Jena and Jessica probably deserve to go far, and probably will, but I can't imagine either of them winning either.  It's truly a puzzle, this season is.

In other news, Pharrell's hat was apparently what was making CJ sing on tune.  Bring it back, CJ!!

• Love 1

I really love Alex, but I think he might have peaked. I can't think of a song he could sing now that would surprise people or bring out another side of him. We kind of get who he is and what he does. I like it, but this show seems to want to see a journey.

Malaya has amazing stage presence and moves -- she works the mic like a Whitney Houston.

I can't think of a song he could sing now that would surprise people or bring out another side of him.

This seems generally true of everyone now (though particularly Alex since he did so great this week). I think part of the problem is this season's lack of real weekly themes ("Pick a song that was in a movie, no matter how tangentially!" or "Pick any song and say it reminds you of home!") isn't forcing people into interesting choices or vocal challenges. Big band, disco, even birth year songs? Challenges! I never thought I'd miss the hokey themes.

• Love 1