Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: The Designer's Lounge

Shan is probably my favorite still.  Was kinda  fan of Asha until this week when she went all asshole on Natalia.  The rest of them don't register much with me either way.  Sam is fine.  It wouldn't hurt me if he won.

Oh, wait.  Oscar!  How could I forget Oscar.  Yeah, he's my favorite.

I think Tim Gunn still believes in his own integrity, not realizing what we've seen here and on PR proper. His image of himself is when he first became a "breakout star" (that neither the Magical Elves nor Weinstein has found a star vehicle for). Back before "make it work" was a catch phrase and before fame got to him.

I think Tim Gunn thinks he should be above criticism....in other words, he has bought his own press.  It would be courageous of him to admit that he didn't understand the issues that people were angry about, but he seems stuck in a hole of his own making.  I suspect Sam will be the sacrificial lamb on tomorrow's show, and we will be pushed to think Asha is in danger so that there will be more "suspense" when she wins.  I hope I am wrong but I don't trust the mentors or the judges or Tim Gunn to do the right thing at this point.  I've watched two reality shows lately....one in which the contestants helped and encouraged each other and were honestly pleased for the winner, and one in which the judges called contestants on bad behavior and warned them that needed to act better. How refreshing after the quagmire of "Under the Gunn".  The thing is, stupid designers and mentors, you never know who you will have to work with again in the real world, you never know who will end up in a position of power, but you should know how hard it is to clean mud off your reputation once you've gotten a reputation for being hard to work with. If you are a genius, you can overcome that, I guess (we have a ridiculously forgiving society about bad behavior) but I think a couple of the designers overrate themselves.  Healthy ego is one thing; delusional thinking is another.  I'm not looking forward to Thursday's show but I'll watch to the end in the hopes that I am wrong, wrong, wrong.

(edited)

Someone posted on the main site for Under the Gunn (Lifetime) that casting for Season 2 has  been announced.

Good grief.

I have no facts and no links.  I don't know if it is true.  I would hate to think all the disgruntled discussion of the last few weeks has resulted in a renewal of this sad show.

I don't know if this is the April Fool Joke that Blogging Project Runway posted.  I just don't have any verification.  Anyone?

-------------------------

Looks like the only source, at this point, is the April Fool's Day joke.  It was a good one, though. 

Edited by dialyn

The Small Talk topic is for:

• Introductions
  • Off-topic chatter
  • Having virtual tea with forum buddies

This is NOT a topic for actual show discussion. When you want to talk about the show:
  1. Figure out the nature of the topic you want to talk about
  2. Look for an existing topic that matches or fits
  3. If there is NOT an existing topic that fits, CREATE ONE!

Examples of topics that populate show forums include (but by no means are limited to):

• Character topics
  • Episode topics
  • Season topics
  • Spoiler topics
  • Speculation topics
  • In the Media topics
  • Favourite X topics
  • ...you get the idea

Happy trails beyond Small Talk!