Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E12: 100

Lisin

Past and current members of New Directions reunite to reinvent their favorite performances, celebrating what the club has meant to

I may actually watch this one. I have been "out" of this show since Brittney left so I may watch to see her again. 

I don't believe that Quinn would regress that much since we last saw her -- that she'd be dressing in her mother's style of clothing and trying to land some rich guy no matter how much of an asshole he was. Also, if she cared that much about him never finding out about her past, there's no way she would bring him to her high school. ALSO also, there's no way any straight man would text people instead of watching that "Toxic" performance. I call total bullshit on that.

I also hated Santana standing up and aiming that horrible speech at Rachel. Yes, yes, writers, we know you wanted all the callbacks in your 100th episode, but even though she's angry at Rachel right now, she's past that. Way to always default to making her the villain, though.

OH and she and Quinn are the two people Rachel hates most? Quinn gave Rachel prom queen because she felt sorry for her? Not how I remember it. But I guess we're going to forget that Quinn and Rachel became friends and were going to visit each other at school (and that Rachel and Santana were friends by the prom episode, too).

And Rachel and Mercedes against the world? Since when?

I also wasn't a fan of any of the "remixed" songs. "Raise Your Glass" sounded autotuned/chipmunky to me, and the others were just lazy/boring arrangements. Watching Santana, Brittany, Mike, and Jake dance was fun, and I always like the Unholy Trinity, but that was about it.

I did laugh when Rachel didn't know Ryder's name, though. I couldn't think of it, either. (I had to look up Jake's name when I wrote the above paragraph, too, and I've watched every episode of this trainwreck. I just really do not care about New Directions 2.0.)

• Love 2
I did laugh when Rachel didn't know Ryder's name, though. I couldn't think of it, either. (I had to look up Jake's name when I wrote the above paragraph, too, and I've watched every episode of this trainwreck. I just really do not care about New Directions 2.0.)

I took that as a shout out, because I never bothered to learn their names either.

I liked this episode more than 101, it flowed better and didn't seem quite as rushed. The performances were great, with the energy and giddiness of Valerie being my favorite. And my favorite scene had to be Fondue For Two with Brittany hosting Rachel and Mercedes. It was the perfect blend of funny and ridiculous and made me wish for more of that dynamic in New York. I know Heather likely won't be around much, but I do think her kind of comic relief character is needed on that side for some levity between all the dramatic Fame 2.0 ambitions.

Yep - I don't think I'd even want them to focus much on Brittany's plans/career if Heather were to return (not least for my fear of what they'd do to her next lol). I'd prefer to have her as just comic relief, especially if she could interact more with others like Rachel because I think they temper each other's personalities well.

I did enjoy seeing April and Holly again, even if they sucked up more time than needed. I'm just bummed Terri and my favorite Kendra! couldn't have fit in lol. And I thought Amber has improved a lot on her delivery, it felt a lot more natural - I really enjoyed her in this ep, even though I wasn't thrilled about the rivalry retread.

This episode had a ton of Puck and Quinn scenes, so for me it was a good episode. I like the interaction between those two characters. They have so much history and I love that they have found each other again.

ugh. all i could think while watching this show was that it looked like a parody of itself. too schmaltzy, too autotuned. Gwynnie and Cheno weren't even trying (i guess you don't have to when you have awards up the wazoo).

i can't wait til this show is over. it actually used to be cute but now...