Type keyword(s) to search

Sam Woolf

• Start Topic

He has the best natural voice in the competition, but he has no idea what to do with it yet, and he seems very shy and uncomfortable on stage. It's a pity he didn't wait three or four years before trying out. (Of course, there's no reason to think the show will still be there in three or four years, so...)

I imagined he would be one of the favorites when the show started, but he's kind of fading into the background now. I'm sure he'll go home soon. I did love his performance of Babylon, but Hey There Delilah was blah.

Sam was my original favorite but he has been lackluster these past several weeks. He has an amazing voice and he was accepted to the Berklee College of Music, so he's clearly very musically gifted. He simply lacks maturity and I don't think he's ready to be a star just yet. He seems so uncomfortable with all the female attention he gets. Maybe if he goes off to college and lives around some people his own age for a change, hangs out with some girls, maybe he will be able to channel emotions in his songs more. Right now it's just nice to listen to but you don't feel anything from it. Such a shame because his voice is fantastic. I don't think he deserves to go home just yet, considering that CJ sings out of tune every f-ing week, at least Sam is always in tune and I can stand to listen to him a few more weeks over some others. Maybe by Top 6 he should bow out. 

Yeah, Sam was my original favorite, but he hasn't delivered in the lives at all. Tbh, only his audition was amazing. Everything else has been lacking. He seems like the sweetest person though, so it's a shame. I think he'll last until top 5, but unless he picks up (although being in the bottom 3 twice doesn't make it likely he can jump back at this point) that's as far as he's going. He still has the best voice this year, imo, just can't deliver performance-wise.

He has the best natural voice in the competition, but he has no idea what to do with it yet, and he seems very shy and uncomfortable on stage. It's a pity he didn't wait three or four years before trying out. (Of course, there's no reason to think the show will still be there in three or four years, so...)

Sam is the only contestant this season (heck probably in the last few seasons) whose sound I really enjoy - when you don't look at the screen and just concentrate on his voice you can really appreciate his pure, lovely tone.  I would love to hear Sam take on crooner type song.

On a shallow note, I think that Sam has really nice hair, and even though he's young, he just looks like he'll keep it all when he's older. He's cute now, but he's going to be one fine looking man when he's in his late twenties or so.