Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E21: The Maquis (Part 2)

Aw Quark. All those shady deals, and he ends up in the brig for what he thought was a legitimate deal.

Love Dukat bragging about Cardassian law and order before learning that his government screwed him over. Haha.

Continue to enjoy Cal. As much as he wants Cal to rejoin Starfleet, I can picture Sisko making the same choice in Cal's situation. Cal is willing to break rules for the colonist, which Sisko has been willing to do for the Bajorans. Both lost their wives, but unlike Sisko, Cal doesn't have a child to consider, so he can take the rule breaking a lot further.

• Love 1

Actually I thought the actor who played Cal was just dreadful. Truly, truly horrible acting. I cringed at every line. And poor Avery Brooks didn't fare too well either in this second installment; he had a really cringe-inducing scene where he went on a tirade about Starfleet in front of Kira. Just a combination of poor writing, directing and acting all around.

And poor Avery Brooks didn't fare too well either in this second installment; he had a really cringe-inducing scene where he went on a tirade about Starfleet in front of Kira.

To be fair, I loved her, "Works for me" at the end of his speech.

Yeah, Cal was a real drag on these episodes.

I didn't mind Sisko's tirade after talking to the admiral.   His whole line about Earth being a paradise comes into play later and is what helps set DS9 apart (and gives us a more realistic view of the Federation).   Now his constant harping about the damn Starfleet uniform (even going so far as hoping seeing it will sway Cal back to his side)?  No that was cringeworthy.  Even I was like "Damn Ben, take the hint."