Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E02: True Crime Catholics

• Start Topic

At the Sullivan Firkus’ murder scene, the killer revealed himself as “Grotesquerie”. He must have some help to stage the “last supper” murder scene involving 12 victims.

Lyle Menendez as Father Charlie! 😆

When they’re together, Father Charlie and Sister Megan don’t behave like a priest and a nun. Is there anything more than meets the eye? Something more sinister than self-punishment?

The cut/wound on Father Charlie’s shoulder, does it look similar to Lois’ cut/rash?

Sister Megan showing up at the crime scenes unannounced is very sus. Who’s letting her know about those locations?

The hospital scenes with Nurse Redd feel disjointed from the main narrative. The creepy nurse with red shoes doesn’t seem like she’s from this era. Could this be Lois’ hallucinations? It’s the manifestation of her guilt since she wished Marshall dead during an argument.

Am not surprised if Lois is actually dead or in a coma. The dream-like feel is there. Remember the burning curtain in E01? 🤨

• Like 3

This . . . is bad. I struggled through the first episode and about half of this one before I finally shut it off and gave up. It's just so boring. Endless yammer yammer yammer and a couple of gruesome crime scenes thrown in. I like Niecy Nash but you have to be an ultra super fan to put up with this. It's maybe the worst thing Ryan Murphy has ever done, and that's saying a lot.

Nothing to see here. Moving on.

• Useful 1

Not sure if it’s intentional or not but Neicy Nash’s character reminds me of John Lowe from AHS Hotel.  They have the same troubled intensity.    Also a lot of the camera angels are making me think back to the cop hunting themselves trope.

I continue to enjoy the relationship between alcoholic cop and earnest reporter nun.  And some of the shots are actually really well done.   I get that this isn’t for everyone but it is intriguing and spooky and I will continue to watch.

• Like 6

I'll dabble in anything Ryan Murphy. It definitely has that "Se7en" feel to it, which I like, and watching these two episodes made me remember how much I love Niecy (especially in Reno 911!, Scream Queens, and Claws). 

I'm getting a double dose of Nicholas Alexander Chavez between this and Monsters. For the past four years, I've watched him act circles around the cast of General Hospital (no shade on soaps, I love the genre dearly), and I am super happy to see him in these larger productions.

• Like 4
(edited)
On 9/29/2024 at 9:07 PM, Chaos Theory said:

Not sure if it’s intentional or not but Neicy Nash’s character reminds me of John Lowe from AHS Hotel.  They have the same troubled intensity.    Also a lot of the camera angels are making me think back to the cop hunting themselves trope.

I continue to enjoy the relationship between alcoholic cop and earnest reporter nun.  And some of the shots are actually really well done.   I get that this isn’t for everyone but it is intriguing and spooky and I will continue to watch.

I could not stand John Lowe so that might explain why I was a bit bored with Neicy Nash's character. I like her but I feel all she did was yammer on and on. I think a cop telling a Nun all of this is wild and unprofessional. 

So far Courtney B. Vance feels wasted but hopefully his role picks up. The plot with the daughter feels out of place. I like the crazy bizarre Nurse. She is a character lol.

I can't stand the Nun or Priest.  Franky the Priest seems too young. I am sure we will get into more with him and hopefully it is just more then Hot Priest. 

I will watch this because it is Oct and they are airing 2 episodes a week. Seems someone at FX just wanted to burn through this lol.

Edited by ShadowHunter
  • Like 2