Type keyword(s) to search

Martha

DanaK
  • Start Topic

CNN already did a multi-part documentary on her.  I learned a lot, but don't anticipate sitting through another one to see what this one covers that the first one didn't.  I guess they're banking on her having enough fans who'll watch her in anything.  Or maybe this one she appears in, unlike the first?  If so, that would be the big draw.

4 hours ago, Bastet said:

CNN already did a multi-part documentary on her.  I learned a lot, but don't anticipate sitting through another one to see what this one covers that the first one didn't.  I guess they're banking on her having enough fans who'll watch her in anything.  Or maybe this one she appears in, unlike the first?  If so, that would be the big draw.

Per a Hollywood Reporter review about it (see the link below), she does appear in this and is the only talking head on camera. That doesn’t mean she answers every question the director asks. Note, the review is fairly detailed about the doc’s contents, so spoiler warning

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/movies/movie-reviews/martha-review-rj-cutler-martha-stewart-netflix-doc-1235988317/

I think that reviewer describes her aptly here:

Seeing her interact with Cutler and with her staff, there’s no indication that she has set aside her exacting standards. Instead, she’s found a calculatedly imperfect version of herself that people like, and she’s perfected that.

• LOL 1