Type keyword(s) to search

The Cancellation of Wheel Of Time need your support.

• Start Topic

I am calling all The Wheel of Time fans whether you are just fans of the books or fans of the TV show when season 3 comes out next year we really have to watch the tv show and keep the viewing figures up or we will not get a 4th season, I KNOW fans of the books don’t really like the Tv show but if its cancelled you won’t get a better version of this story further down the line other companies won’t do it.  It’s the only Wheel of Time you are going to get so make the most of it and support the programme or you won’t have any season 4, they will cancel it.

I know we do need longer episodes and more of them instead of 8 we could do with 12 and the wait 2 years in between doesn’t help the show because the fans forget about it.

So when season 3 comes out please watch it and support the program,  we need to keep the viewing figures up.

• Like 2
  • Applause 1

Season 3 comes out probably late next year, isn't this premature? I mean I will support the show, but it's a bit early.

The two year breaks are preventing the show from gaining any momentum if you ask me.

I wouldn't call this place anti-show or book purists, and there's plenty of discussion about the show when it airs. I'm sure we'll all be talking about season three. 

On 8/3/2024 at 7:52 AM, KatWay said:

The two year breaks are preventing the show from gaining any momentum if you ask me.

For only eight episodes. I don't see what else I can do.

I doubt if there's a ratings issue, and I don't know why it would matter on streaming, that it's the book purists. 

9 hours ago, DoctorAtomic said:

For only eight episodes. I don't see what else I can do.

I doubt if there's a ratings issue, and I don't know why it would matter on streaming, that it's the book purists.

the problem is, WoT was not an instant hit. It has very little buzz online, it's got a dedicated audience but it's fairly niche. The 8 episodes every 2 years system BARELY works for huge hit shows which can keep up the hype from the debut. Even there we can see that interest just wanes over time (RoP, HoD). WoT doesn't even have hype in the first place - how are they supposed to build it up by releasing such little content over such a long time?

8 hours ago, KatWay said:

The 8 episodes every 2 years system BARELY works for huge hit shows which can keep up the hype from the debut.

That's what I was getting at.Also I was saying it's not rising or falling based on book purists because you're making the show for the wider audience. 

8 hours ago, KatWay said:

it's got a dedicated audience but it's fairly niche.

Aren't there other shows like that though? This is amazon; they're not struggling. Not coming out with a bang, I guess I can buy. Who's fault is that though? Saying 'keep the viewing figures up' doesn't seem accurate to me. 

We're watching and discussing the show when it airs over here, so I don't know what the OP thinks they're gaining. 

I really dislike the 8-10 episode releases with two years between them. I cannot express how much I dislike it. The ‘filler episodes’ in a longer season allowed for character and world development. I get that Kate Winslet might not need the benefits and Jodie Foster can find work, but for many of the actors and other people working on the shows there is the issue of pay and benefits as well. 

• Love 2