Type keyword(s) to search

NCIS: Origins - Anticipation

• Start Topic

Title:  NCIS: Origins

Category: Drama

Network: CBS

Release Date: October 14, 2024

Synopsis: "NCIS: Origins" follows a young Leroy Jethro Gibbs in 1991, years prior to the events of "NCIS." In the series, Gibbs starts his career as a newly minted special agent at the fledgling NCIS Camp Pendleton office where he forges his place on a gritty, ragtag team led by NCIS legend Mike Franks.

Matt’s Inside Line: Scoop on Ghosts, Elsbeth, Found, NCIS: Origins, Frasier, Based on a True Story, Harley Quinn, Irrational, a Cancellation and More
BY MATT WEBB MITOVICH   JULY 19, 2024
https://tvline.com/lists/ghosts-season-4-sas-death-revealed-onechicago-episode-count/reacher-season-3-release-date/ 

What are the chances that we will see younger versions of other NCISVerse characters in NCIS: Origins (premiering Monday, Oct. 14 on CBS)? –Maria
In addition to Gibbs (played by series lead Austin Stowell) and his father Jackson (Longmire‘s Robert Taylor), Mike Franks (Kyle Schmid) and the deep cut that is Special Agent Vera Strickland (played once on NCIS by Roma Maffia and on Origins by Diany Rodriguez), co-showrunners David North and Gina Monreal told me that — in success — the 1990s-set spinoff could eventually cast young versions of, say, Scott Bakula’s Dwayne Pride or Linda Hunt’s Hetty Lange. “I don’t think we want to say no to anything,” said North.

• Like 1
(edited)

Bachelorette Book Is Bogus?! Who Will Be SNL’s J.D. Vance? Whoa, Did Tony Marry Ziva? Does 30 Rock’s Emmy Record Still Stand? More TV Qs!
BY VLADA GELMAN, MATT WEBB MITOVICH, KIMBERLY ROOTS, REBECCA IANNUCCI, RYAN SCHWARTZ, ANDY SWIFT, NICK CARUSO, KEISHA HATCHETT   JULY 19, 2024 
https://tvline.com/features/the-bachelorette-fake-book-principles-for-self-growth-tv-questions-1235283115/ 

4 | Hmm, what if anything are we to make of the ring on Cote de Pablo’s left hand in the NCIS: Tony & Ziva start-of-production photo…? Did #Tiva fans miss out on a wedding? ►

ncis-tony-ziva-ring.jpg 

Edited by tv echo
  • Like 1

Matt’s Inside Line: Scoop on Umbrella Academy, Superman & Lois, NCIS: Origins, TWD: Daryl Dixon, Criminal Minds, Snowpiercer and More!
By Matt Webb Mitovich   July 31, 2024 
https://tvline.com/lists/the-umbrella-academy-final-season-4-spoilers-end-credits-scene/ 

What can you tell us about Mariel Molino’s character on NCIS: Origins (premiering Monday, Oct. 14)? Is she the only woman in the team full of men? –Jessica
Far from it. Working alongside 1991 “probie” Leroy Jethro Gibbs (played by Austin Stowell) and Special Agents Mike Franks (Kyle Schmid) and “Randy” Randolf (Caleb Martin Foote) are Special Agents Lala Dominguez (Molino) and Vera Strickland (Diany Rodriguez), as well as Field Operation Support Officer Mary Jo Hayes (Tyla Abercrumbie). Lala, though, is the second-most senior team member, behind only Franks. “She is kind of Franks’ righthand agent when we meet Gibbs at this time in his life,” Molino, seen above with the NIS bullpen’s lone computer, told me. Lala also wields a “dry” and “dark” sense of humor. “When we meet her, there’s a very macabre scene around her, and she says to Gibbs, ‘Reminds me of when I was little,'” her portrayer previewed.

Fall TV Calendar: Save the 120+ Season and Series Premiere Dates!
By Matt Webb Mitovich   August 18, 2024 
https://tvline.com/lists/fall-tv-schedule-release-dates-2024-premieres-calendar-printable/ 

MONDAY, OCT 14
8 pm NCIS Season 22 (CBS, special time slot)
9 pm NCIS: Origins premiere (CBS, 2 episodes, special time slot)
MONDAY, OCT. 21
8 pm The Neighborhood Season 7 (CBS)
8:30 pm Poppa’s House premiere (CBS)
9 pm NCIS (CBS, regular time slot premiere)
10 pm NCIS: Origins (CBS, regular time slot premiere)
10 pm What We Do in the Shadows final season (FX)

(edited)

Kyle Schmid Details His NCIS: Origins Transformation, Teases Mike Franks’ Plan to Help a ‘Broken’ Young Gibbs
By Matt Webb Mitovich   August 20, 2024
https://tvline.com/interviews/ncis-origins-kyle-schmid-mike-franks-transformation-explained-gibbs-dynamic-1235321035/ 

“Becoming Mike Franks is interesting, because the fandom of NCIS is kind of unlike anything I’d ever been a part of,” he noted. “But in my opinion, as long as you play within the rules of specifics, it will allow you the freedom [as an actor] to do what you love individually.

“To me, the specifics were holding true to some physicality — and the mustache is one of those things,” Schmid explained. “I think it sets him apart, I also think it’s very period. And the Franks character that was so well rooted in the original series, in my opinion, kind of ‘stayed’ in 1991. So it only felt right to have the mustache at that time.”
“I convinced the producers to let me wear dark brown contacts,” says the blue-eyed actor, “because when you’re filling the shoes of somebody like Muse — not filling the shoes, but evoking — you want all of those things. If I look in the mirror and see Kyle Schmid when I’m about to walk out of my trailer, it’s not the same as looking in the mirror and seeing somebody completely different that you built from the ground up.”

Schmid also has adopted a speaking voice different from his own and more in keeping with how Watson has sounded on NCIS. “Every single day from 7 o’clock in the morning when I arrive, to 6 pm, 8 pm, 10 pm when I leave, this is what I do,” he said, slipping into his Franks voice. “I stay in character from the beginning of work to the end of work.”
“As Mark Harmon and [showrunners] Gina [Monreal] and David [North] mentioned [at TCA], there was something ‘broken’ in the Jethro Gibbs character in the beginning, something that I believe Mike Franks sees in part in himself,” said Schmid.

“To potentially lose somebody based on the circumstances and experiences that they’ve had is a shame, and I think Mike Franks sees an opportunity to try and save somebody from themselves,” Schmid continued. “Bringing Gibbs into the world of NIS in 1991 was an opportunity to give an incredibly talented young man a second chance after a broken heart.”

Edited by tv echo
  • Like 1
(edited)

Matt’s Inside Line: Scoop on NCIS, Chicago Fire, Heartstopper, It’s Always Sunny, The Recruit, NCIS: Origins, Fire Country, Leonardo and More
By Matt Webb Mitovich   August 22, 2024
https://tvline.com/lists/chicago-fire-season-13-spoilers-severide-promotion-arson-ofi/ 

I have a question about NCIS: Origins, which has cast Gibbs’ father. On NCIS, they said they had not spoken since Shannon’s funeral. Do you know how NCIS: Origins will explain that? –Marc H
Indeed, the prequel series picks up with a young Gibbs joining NIS in 1991 as a probie, not long after wife Shannon and daughter Kelly were tragically killed. Addressing the canonical conundrum you point out, co-showrunner David North told me, “We did solve it. We’re very aware of the canon and what’s been set up, and we’re working within that. But I’ll say this: Jackson (to be played by Longmire‘s Robert Taylor) is an important role, and we’ll see the influence of him on Gibbs.” 

Edited by tv echo
On 8/28/2024 at 5:12 PM, Snazzy Daisy said:

Is that the set previously used by NCIS NOLA??!

Was NOLA filmed in LA? I know they filmed on location but I don't remember if the whole show was shot in New Orleans or if they split time between LA and New Orleans. 

As far as I know, they deconstruct sets and also sell them once they're done but the staircase and gallery definitely look like they could be using the same set up/set pieces. Maybe they don't sell them all the time? Or maybe, they have the same set designer? 

• Useful 2

Matt’s Inside Line: Scoop on Grey’s, Superman & Lois, FBI: International, Blue Bloods, Lincoln Lawyer, Equalizer, Criminal Minds, Wynonna Earp and More!
By Matt Webb Mitovich   September 6, 2024
https://tvline.com/lists/superman-and-lois-final-season-spoilers-surprising-comic-book-character/ 

Anything you can share about NCIS: Origins to help with the anxiety of waiting until October 14? –Jessica
I hear there is a reason why Mark Harmon’s Gibbs, the prequel’s narrator, is sharing his story….

(edited)

What to expect from Yellowstone, 9-1-1, The Penguin and 74 other fall shows
By EW Staff   September 6, 2024 
https://ew.com/fall-tv-shows-2024-preview-8702841

NCIS: Origins (Oct. 14, CBS)

NCIS fans may have spent 19 seasons getting to know Mark Harmon’s character Leroy Jethro Gibbs, but the version of the special agent they’ll meet in his prequel series NCIS: Origins is very much his own man. Narrated by Harmon, who also serves as an executive producer, Origins shines a spotlight on a young, grieving Gibbs' (Austin Stowell) early days at NIS Camp Pendleton under team leader Mike Franks (Kyle Schmid) after a devastating experience changes his life forever. “The Gibbs that we find in our show — it's not the guy that the fans are used to,” Stowell tells EW. “This is someone who's going through a lot of pain. He's suffered a tremendous tragedy just four months before we pick up this show, and there's a lot of newness in his life. There's lots of firsts going on right now.” —E.T.

Edited by tv echo