Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E09: Pierce the Heavens, Superman!

• Start Topic

MV5BZDljMTA3OGQtYzA4Yy00MTE0LWJlODEtM2U4

Jimmy and Kara race back to Metropolis to stop Brainiac's invasion of Earth; Lois tries to free Clark from Brainiac's control, only to lose herself in an alternate reality where Superman never left Krypton.

Premiere Date: July 13, 2024   Adult Swim   Midnight

my-adventures-with-superman-season-2-epi

STEVE is the one who saved the day?! Go figure. And that's because Jimmy was able to stream Waller arresting him.

And they just said "screw it, Lois has Kryptonian powers because mindscape and the power of love" and it was awesome.

I think the title was "Pierce the Heavens, Superman!" And he and Lois did just that in the Black Mercy world.

I forgot to ask last week . . . Brainiac is a quippy little bitch, isn't he?

1 hour ago, Galileo908 said:

STEVE is the one who saved the day?!

In a van with wolves painted on the side. Krieger would be so proud of that.

• Like 1
  • Fire 1

So we did get to see Jor-El again... but not really. It was interesting to see what Clark Kal-El would have been like on Krypton.

Awww! The Power of Love!❤️  I'm a sucker for that! Loved Clark & Lois breaking the Black Mercy together.

Steve: "That Superman dude gets beat up all the time!" I mean, true; but still LOL!

Wow, another new supersuit for Superman; is that what they're going to stick with going forward? (Or will Ma Kent insist on shorts again??)

Well, I really don't like that Waller/Lex have Kryptonite and can manufacture it now. 😟

This goes along with the previous episode, but this show makes so many big changes to Krypton and the lore around it. So Krypton was an imperialist (warmongering?) galactic empire; that engineered their powers (did literally everyone walk around with laser eyes??); so I wonder where kryptonite fits in with all that? My main issue with some of that is that I think it's better that Clark's powers come from his connection to Earth and its yellow sun. It's one thing that makes him 'special'.

And incidentally, I still have a bunch of questions about Zero Day and when Clark came to earth that haven't been answered two seasons in.

Also, I thought that Lois having powers in Clark's mindscape was a good way to do that 'Power Transfer' trope without actually doing it. (Not that they can't or shouldn't do it for real.)