Type keyword(s) to search

S19.E06: Auditions 6

• Start Topic

I liked the trapeze guy. I did not like the judge/audience hysterics. I wish they'd stop with the random slo-mo.

I really liked the 20yo singer from tiny-town Canada. I loved the old-school style of his song.

I'm so over the giant dance groups. Too many people and you can never actually see everything on TV.

Hobby horsing? That was an awful lot of build up for something so dumb.

Reid Wilson from Alabama...I was not expecting that. (I wrote that before Simon said it, for the record.) "Your parents must have great taste in music, right?" "No." 😄

Indian head-balancing guy...I can't even stand on one leg like that without anything on my head!

I forgot I was taking notes...there was a saxophone player, I know that.

And a lumberjack.

cd5rgveelrUq.gif

And a Japanese guy in a balloon. That was...interesting. And weirdly entertaining....

• Like 4
  • LOL 1
(edited)

.  Balloon guy made me laugh but it's a no for me.

.  Golden Buzzer kid was a surprise pick.  For me, good enough to go through but not GB worthy.

.  Dance group kids weren't anything special and I agree with Howie about them.

.  I agree with Simon about the dude from India.  What else is he going to do to up his act?  Is stacking more water glasses upping your act?  I don't know.

.  Trapeze dude, I thought he was going to do a somersault when he went from one trapeze to the other.  I wasn't dazzled.

.  Woman rumbling stuff with her feet was ok.  I liked the music better than her act. 

.  The saxophone guy was the best of the night.  There is room for him to add to his act.

It's getting more and more irritating when the camera keeps showing the audience's and judge's reactions.  I wonder what goes into this thinking.  I wonder why TPTB would think the viewer wouldn't want to see the act without interruptions.

I'm so ready for the next round!

Edited by rr2911
  • Like 4
10 hours ago, rr2911 said:

I'm so ready for the next round!

It appears there are two more audition episodes to go...

• Angry 1
  • Wink 1
11 hours ago, rr2911 said:

Woman rumbling stuff with her feet was ok.  I liked the music better than her act. 

At least it was something different.  I thought she was really good.  I kept worrying that the table was going to drop and hit her in the face, so I watched with one eye open!  

14 hours ago, ams1001 said:

I'm so over the giant dance groups. Too many people and you can never actually see everything on TV.

I usually fast forward those acts.  It's got to be something very unique for me to be interested in watching them.  

• Like 4
On 7/10/2024 at 1:36 AM, rr2911 said:

Golden Buzzer kid was a surprise pick.  For me, good enough to go through but not GB worthy.

And obviously lip-syncing! 

On 7/9/2024 at 10:02 PM, ams1001 said:

Same! Always the same moves too

• Like 2

AGT fatigue has officially set in.

Nothing really stood out, with the possible exception of the foot lady.

The Canadian singer's song and tone totally recalls Peter Noone.  But, his voice is reed thin with extremely limited range.  Simon the A & R man was also spot on in his take.  Will the lad be smart enough to bust out a classic song from that era in his callback?

The Kenny G wannabe was excellent in performance.  Unfortunately, I absolutely can not stand the sound of a soprano sax.  I love a tenor or bass sax, though.  Dude totally deserved his callback.  It's just not my cup of tea.

Terry with the line of the night, if not the entire series, alluding to the acrobat: "He's as high as you can get!"  I'm betting the editors had a great laugh over including it.  I guffawed.

• Like 3

I cannot stand when they keep interrupting the act to show the judges and audience. WHO CARES! You miss half the act with all of that ridiculousness. It is so frustrating. End of rant.

• Like 4
On 7/12/2024 at 7:29 PM, Lonesome Rhodes said:

The Canadian singer's song and tone totally recalls Peter Noone.  But, his voice is reed thin with extremely limited range.  Simon the A & R man was also spot on in his take.  Will the lad be smart enough to bust out a classic song from that era in his callback?

I was surprised that no one recognized Daniel Powter. But I was even more surprised that a "professional" singer, at one time signed by a record label, was deemed an unknown with possible talent?