Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E04: Two Lanes Diverged

• Start Topic

GPahHWqa8AAbxdJ?format=jpg&name=large

Jimmy gets invited to the S.T.A.R. Labs Symposium; Clark joins him for support, but Lex Luthor takes over; the General flees and Lois chases after him, struggling to reconcile past experiences with the present situation.

Premiere Date: June 9, 2024   Adult Swim   Midnight

GPWpEMSXQAA7RFx?format=jpg&name=large

GPWpEOzWUAAV1UV?format=jpg&name=900x900

"Say, 'Superman's Pal, Jimmy Olsen!'" And the wealth counter continues to go down. And you'd think that the symposium would've let Jimmy know what the keynote topic would be about. but it wouldn't be Lex Luthor if it was all an excuse to pile on Superman and sow distrust.

And we get some Lane backstory! Sam is a dick. And man...Mom Lane died and life just sucked after that.

Hmm...why does the name Winslow Schott sound so familiar? Oh crap, it's Toyman! That explains the exploding teddy bear.

Next week: looks like Kara got the message.

• Like 1

Awww! I liked the relationship moments and focus in this one. Lois and her dad of course, but also especially Clark and Jimmy; since that relationship is mostly ignored in other media.

Dang, I wish that they had let Jimmy get prepared instead of getting ambushed at the symposium! But that was probably Lex's plan.

Poor Clark; but I hope he gets to talk things out with either Lois or Jimmy next time.

On 7/1/2024 at 12:46 AM, Chicago Redshirt said:

Is it weird to like the show is establishing that this Lois is half-Asian?

Have they mentioned whether Lucy exists?

I don't think we know for sure that Lois is 'half-Korean'. It's possible that both her parents are Korean/Korean-American.

No mention of Lucy yet. It's possible they could bring her in later; but I think it'd be weird since they've portrayed Lois as an only child so far.

Interesting. I think it's fairly clear that Sam is Korean-American. From the way they've drawn him, and that they cast an Asian-American actor to do his voice.