Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E08: Too Good To Let Go

• Start Topic

Rob walks free after 16 years; Rick's marriage is at a 6-week crossroads; Ayonna leaves lockup and wants to lock in Jamahl; Joey finally confronts Michael face to face; Candice gets candid and blindsides Andrew; Shonta's life spirals due to True.

Season finale. Original air date 2024.06.07.

• Like 1

Had a guest last night so missed the live chat. When Ayonna’s grandmother told her about herself and said “You need me, I don’t need you,” I CACKLED. I love her.

Somebody call Daonte’s mother and tell her to come get Andrew. To paraphrase a parable I heard: wisdom is chasing him but he’s way too fast. I’d feel sorry for him if he weren’t so dumb. She STILL HAS HIS RING.

Somebody also needs to tell Rick that you can date without getting married, and he shouldn’t have assumed that a felon would be able to come out of prison and start earning. He’s too old to be this naive.

Shonta always seems so sad. True ain’t helping, but I guess we’ll see on Love After Lockup.

Im still mad at Tennie for usurping her kids’ childhoods to visit her husband. Let them go to a birthday party, damn!

• Like 5
  • Love 1

Ayonna spelled backwards is Annoya. I lost count of how many times she referred to (I've already forgotten his name) as, "My man!" 

She wasn't worried about not being able to talk to her kids while she was in jail. She kept complaining to her friend, saying "What am I gonna do since I can't talk to 'my man?' 

• Like 1
On 6/28/2024 at 12:01 PM, pgcotype said:

Ayonna spelled backwards is Annoya. I lost count of how many times she referred to (I've already forgotten his name) as, "My man!" 

She wasn't worried about not being able to talk to her kids while she was in jail. She kept complaining to her friend, saying "What am I gonna do since I can't talk to 'my man?' 

I hated that. For whatever reason, it just bugged the shit out of me, though it was far from the only thing about Ayonna that bugged the shit out of me.

16 minutes ago, Elizzikra said:

I hated that. For whatever reason, it just bugged the shit out of me, though it was far from the only thing about Ayonna that bugged the shit out of me.

I’m thinking no I’m praying that it was edited and cut to sound the way it did and she at least mentioned those kids cause woof if not 

The way Ayonna has talked about it, she was afraid that if she didn't speak with he "man" for two weeks, he would move on to someone else - y'know, the sign of a really strong relationship. Perhaps he's part goldfish and will forget her if he doesn't see her?  Every day is a new beginning for Jamahl. Her children won't forget her. With that said, it is really sad how much energy she is putting toward Jamahl rather than her children (unless she's in zoom court. Then feeding her daughter is the most important thing in the world.)

• Like 1