Type keyword(s) to search

Jim Henson Idea Man

• Start Topic

I am really looking forward to this. My kids grew up with Sesame Street , The Muppet Show and the various Muppet Movies. Anyone who has the dream like JH  had must have been an exceptional person. 

• Like 2
(edited)

Man, those commercials with the early versions of the Muppets were DARK. I can’t believe they got away with that!

I loved this documentary. The behind-the-scenes footage of him and Frank Oz doing Bert and Ernie was priceless. But the end was brutal. Dammit, if he’d just gone to a doctor sooner he’d still be alive. 😭😭😭😭😭

We seriously need more Muppet shows. Or at the very least Disney+ can dig Muppets Tonight or the fairy tale specials out of the vault!

Edited by Spartan Girl
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, Cress said:

https://www.disneyplus.com/movies/jim-henson-idea-man/5oKOs85ntvJS

Directed by Ron Howard, a biographical film about the Muppet creator. Some interesting stuff, and his family participate in interviews. His idea for the nightclub sounds a bit like The Sphere thing in Las Vegas.

FYI, there’s a forum that already exists currently in Talk & News that I put in a recent request to the mods to move. Yours might get deleted or folded in

Oh here it is. I didn't know this thread was here. I don't know why they don't move it to the new Disney+ documentaries topic they made.

When they described Jim's idea for the nightclub, didn't it sound like that Sphere thing in Las Vegas?

• Like 2

I'm pleased at the end they showed Rygel with Brian Henson because they made all the characters for Facrscape and they were really creative. In one episode, they actually just used a Skeksis with no explanation. 

Henson sounds like a guy who just wanted to work. His films pre-Muppet looked interesting. 

I only caught the tail end of the Muppets in its original run, but I think all the shows are on D+. I know the movies are. (Take a left at the fork in the road!) I was impressed at the level of guest stars. Hard to get any higher than 70s Elton John. 

On 5/31/2024 at 8:24 PM, Spartan Girl said:

Man, those commercials with the early versions of the Muppets were DARK. I can’t believe they got away with that!

I thought you said you make these while I sleep? *Gets whacked over the head with a mallet*

As a supplement, Howard has been making some of the podcast rounds to talk about the documentary. I heard him on Conan and then on The Treatment (I think). He talked about how he used quick editing like Henson did because the story just really fell into that rhythm. 

• Like 3
On 6/12/2024 at 9:41 AM, Cress said:

Oh here it is. I didn't know this thread was here. I don't know why they don't move it to the new Disney+ documentaries topic they made.

It's in the right section now