Type keyword(s) to search

S19.E02: Auditions 2

• Start Topic

The auditions continue as variety acts featuring contestants of all ages perform for the chance to win $1 million; there are more golden buzzers than ever before, each sending a lucky act directly to the live shows to compete for America's vote.

I actually liked the band...don't know if they warranted a standing ovation, but they weren't bad.

This danger act is freaking me out; I'm gonna scream and move around and be over-dramatic and create as much of a distraction as I can.

The Chinese musician was very cool.

Why does Howie always look so utterly confused?

I liked the baton twirler...too bad we only got to see maybe half of his performance.

A guy sticking sharp objects in his face? I guess it's time to go wash my dinner dishes and get some dessert.

Okay, now I'm only half watching. What was the light show outside? Drones?

That woman singing with the backup band was...not good.  The band would do just fine without her.

The guy sticking sharp object in his face shouldn't have been put through.

• Like 1

No comic they've ever had on the show could match the level of comedy that played out when Simon gave his second GB to the drones.  Is there any chance in this universe that a producer, or any other underling, would dare confront Simon on a technicality, while a huge moment was taking place?  Simon had to answer to HIM?!  Suuuuure.  The other jidges whining like children, "Me, too! Me, too!" was also fun and it was entirely within character.

I've never accepted any acts that could not perform completely within the confines of the theater.  As awesome as these drone shows are, one should not be part of the competition.  The accompanying music choices were cliche and have been overdone to death - and they were glorious!  I'll take genuine uplifting occasions any time, anywhere.

Country group may have had the most seriously talented musicians in AGT  histoire.  So tight.  The vocals were similarly dead on.  

So, too, the Japanese dancers.  There were a few minor misses here and there, but dang, the difficulty of the choreo was way off the charts and utterly demanding.

I am not sure about the Chinese musician who played instruments from different musical ages.  The concept is unquestionably brilliant.  She has got to advance, but I am not ready to see her in the Finals.

The acrobats should have been buzzed after the second failed attempt at the head-on-head stunt.  It was too dangerous and they had proven they were not ready for it.

The Tina Turner wannabe and band were pretty great, imo.  I doubt they will make the Finals, though.

Overall, a very solid ep.  AGT is 2 for 2 this season.  Who knew? 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Lonesome Rhodes said:

Is there any chance in this universe that a producer, or any other underling, would dare confront Simon on a technicality, while a huge moment was taking place?  Simon had to answer to HIM?!  Suuuuure. 

I think it was all a setup since they took the golden buzzer outside with them, and instead of the usual gold confetti coming down, it was fireworks. That took some doing to pre-arrange that.  The producers probably had a meeting with the judges about this act and how fantastic it would be.    I liked the act because it was interesting and well-done.  I usually FF through most of the musical acts.  I'll leave that talent to shows like American Idol or The Voice.  Honestly, I FF through a lot of the acts on this show!

20 hours ago, ams1001 said:

Why does Howie always look so utterly confused?

I think he's gauging the other judges' reactions before giving his opinion.  Simon is confident enough to flat out say you suck or you're great.  I think Howie is a little more reserved in his opinions, although, he has been known to be the lone voice of dissension on some acts!

• Like 3

I had to double check who the Tina Turner wannabee was. I thought she was going to be a dog act because she had her dog backstage but I suppose it was "emotional support". 

The drone performance was cool, but they're always cool. I would say that was par for the course; any decent professional drone company could do just as well. And now each one gets 2 GBs so there will be 10 altogether. *insert eye roll*

Japanese dance troupe and Chinese musician were my favorites of the night. Someone with more dance knowledge than me, was that wacking?

(edited)

.  I thought the best act of the night were the drones!

.  The Japanese dance group were the 2nd best and I 

look forward seeing them in the next round.

.  Finally, a GB act that I agree with.  I enjoyed everything about the band.

.  Those balancing act dudes should've been buzzed.  They fell a couple of times.  Geesh!

.  They had already posted a long time ago about the judges 

getting 2 GB

.  Sophia is getting on my nerves!    

Edited by rr2911