Type keyword(s) to search

Season 9: now with Mormons & No Tapping Out!

• Start Topic

Yeah.... most of these folks aren't going to make it. The 3?  4? Black folks they are sending are doubling the Black population of the jail. Unsure of the Latino. Blonde bail bondsman is going to get shivved day 2, and I'll cheer! Let the fuckery begin!

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

None of them impressed me, all the usual bullshit from the participants prior to going in. We'll see what happens with the no tap out, but you can say anything and as usual the sheriff is full of himself with added no tap out bullshit, what are they going to do? Tell them they signed up for 60 days and leave them in there?

Not that the jail itself looked anywhere near as bad as some of the other jails we've previously seen. Looked to me like the crime explosion they've seen means there's not as many spare bunks as usual.

• Like 3

I admit the jail intake looked a whole lot nicer than some other jails we've seen.

It annoys me when the volunteers brag about their coping skills. I wish they'd share their top 3 fears, or anything other than what I've heard so far

• Like 1

I would like to ask anyone on PT Forums how they feel about meeting dietary restrictions while in jail.

I've noticed that food/diet is often complained about by prisoners, but I'm also surprised that any punitive program would accommodate dietary requests.

Do jails accommodate vegan, celiac, lactose intolerant diets? Or do they only follow diets if there's a serious physical reaction, like peanuts.

I don't know how helpful I'd feel to some criminal who murdered a family, yet expects vegan meals and phone access in jail.

Please share your thoughts about food in jail.

Seems to me that allergens, religious restrictions, and medical conditions should be accommodated. I don't know how to factor vegans into that, though. But restricting pork products for Muslims and Jews, yes. Diagnosed celiacs? Yes. Self-diagnosed gluten intolerance? Nope.

Personally, I think for-profit prisons should NOT be a thing! Saving dollars with no fresh fruit or vegs, for example, just pushes costs down the line with increased medical care, something that likely doesn't come out of prison budgets. Yeah, nobody found guilty and sentenced should get better meals than school kids or soup kitchens.... but moldy bologna and bread, that ain't it.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
On 6/9/2024 at 5:01 PM, TeapotWakeen said:

Personally, I think for-profit prisons should NOT be a thing! Saving dollars with no fresh fruit or vegs, for example, just pushes costs down the line with increased medical care, something that likely doesn't come out of prison budgets.

Great post. I was unaware that profit prisons existed until I watched a documentary on prison reform last year.

There's so much room for corruption if you're mixing criminal reform with profit sharing. Too much of a power imbalance.

• Like 3
(edited)

Does anyone else think there's one fellow (short w/face tattoo) who entered this program to be on TV rather than to help the jail admin? He's stating he's got the former jail experience to blend in, yet the moment he's in jail, he's losing his mind and raging over a missed call. Yes, I get that the keepers are pretty loose about keeping to scheduled calls, but then again, it's not the end of the world to have appts delayed, etc. After all, they're in jail,not a hotel with wifi.

He's incredibly belligerent and rude to the jail staff, over... what? Entitlement?

I wonder how he acts in a doctor's waiting room, after 1/2  to 1 hour?

Edited by Chalby
  • Like 2
(edited)
On 6/1/2024 at 1:00 PM, Shrek said:

None of them impressed me, all the usual bullshit from the participants prior to going in. We'll see what happens with the no tap out, but you can say anything and as usual the sheriff is full of himself with added no tap out bullshit, what are they going to do?

I guess the producers/ sheriffs in the past would try to convince participants to stay, whereas now, they're not going to bother.

I'm glad that first fellow tapped out. He was clearly having a mental health crisis. It seemed to escalate right after his roommate was moved and he thought production did it, to purposely separate the blacks. He could definitely be right, but i doubt the tv show had a say or any clout in the jail.

Very odd, but paranoia like that can mess with a person's reality.

Edited by Chalby
  • Like 2

This group seems particularly prone to an attitude of privilege. They know they can just give the signal and tap out if things get too rough so they have no fear in causing a ruckus and acting out with the staff.  The regular inmates do not have that luxury. And it's really really selfish of these fools to act this way because they are affecting the lives of innocent inmates who are minding their business and obeying the rules and our entitled fake inmates don't seem to care a bit about that. They want what they want and are acting as entitled as and two year old might when denied what they think they should have. The only one who had a clean right to complain was Corey because he was in actual pain from a cracked tooth which was being mishandled and he was also in a mental crisis that snuck up on him and he wasn't prepared to deal with. So I cut him some slack although he remained polite to the staff and didn't cause harm to other inmates because of his problems.

This is a pretty poor group of fakers for sure. I don't have respect for most of them. Tantrums, forgetting your undercover name, flirting with staff and primping for the cameras -- can't stand any of them. We'll see how the others act when they get there.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
(edited)

Tooth drama, tap out drama, food drama, smuggled contraband drama, shank drama, earphones drama, piercings drama, aspirin drama, line drama, period drama, rack in drama, video visit drama, tablet in lockdown drama... GEEZ!!! 😅

Edited by Lindz
  • Like 2
  • LOL 1
7 hours ago, Lindz said:

Another participant that doesn't know which part of her anatomy is pierced.

I was YELLING at the TV over that. Learn body parts, people!!

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Uh ohhh. Another tap out??? Little man let the C.O. win??? Why not ask to speak to his boss? File the grievance? How did that even start??? How did Luna's glasses get damaged? Did someone punch her? That's my hope. Lol! Ratting out Scarlet. Then a C.O. retaliating... ON CAMERA?!!! Like a dumbass!!! No wonder so many faces are blurred, they acted like asses for all of us to see. Scarlet didn't say enough, letting her know she's an inmate just like the rest of them, no matter how buddy, buddy she is with the C.O.s. & Luna needs to stop acting like she was physically attacked, a stern talking to ain't that bad. Daniel's gunna open-hand slap someone? Yeah. Sure. I believe it. How about TALKING to the guy & explaining how what he said upset him? You know? Like an adult?! Same with A.B., why not confront the spitter at that moment?

• Like 3
  • Useful 1

I think I threw up a little when I saw our gal having to scrub the floor because there was sh** under her bed. Gag!!

And "Luna" (lol that's my cat's name) is such a brown noser, exaggerating what was said about the grievance, while not knowing if an actual grievance was filed. She needs to be knocked down a peg or two. At least make her a prisoner again, not an unpaid coworker. She deserves no loyalty or trust.

• Like 2

Vickie's revisionist history was hilarious!!! She started it with Scarlett, GTFOH!!! Acting like a victim to get sympathy from Nina. FOR WHAT???!!! She instigated to be able to complain that Scarlett was mean to her?!!! 🙄🙄

• Applause 1

Nina is a dirty, dirty rat!!! Throwing Scarlett under the bus to get out of her own mess she made. Acting like she's above everything. How was she gunna "do something" if they didn't??!! 🤨🤨

• Love 1

A.B.'s cellie was mad A.B. asked for a bio bag for her?!!! WHAAAAT?!!! Um. Big weirdo energy!!! & then had a bad attitude when people came to fix it??? Why didn't A.B. ask to move??? Why'd she wanna stay after they argued & she had bad energy??? 🤨🤨
Scarlett should've called out how unoriginal Vickie was for using her own words against her. She was just mad that she got her & went as low as possible. Not Nina acting like she's done with Scarlett because that was terrible when she sold out Scarlett. Girl, BYE!!! A JOKE! 🤣🤣 Idk why A.B. said Vickie's comeback was funny. Scarlett has a butt, so uh. Missed the mark. Eh. Must be jail. Looking for anything to be entertaining. 🙄🤷

• LOL 1

Not them zooming in on the guy on the toilet. So wrong for that!!! Bleeding?!!! Seriously?!!! 🤨 Maybe he's doing it wrong. I wanna hear what the others have to say. & him comparing to his jail. Maybe the budgets are very different. 🤷 It is bad they're selling crap $.10 temu headphones for $10. 🤣🤣

• LOL 1

Does Nina even see herself, objectively? Her "Look At Me" behavior, as well as her constant addressing the camera, made her such an obvious plant.

I was surprised to hear how disliked Scarlet was, but for Nina to imply she stopped the inmates from beating up Scarlett, is a joke.

Same goes for Nina thinking she's on par, or just a 'bro', with the guards. (I recall when she told the one guard that someone is keeping notes about his conduct). Who does that to one of their own volunteers?

Nina is so egocentric she doesn't  recognize that she's not alone.

Nina is mighty judgey for a dirty rat. I can't believe she tatted herself and that innocent cellie. How dare she drag someone else into that mess! Reprehensible!!!! It looked like jail was a joke to her and she filmed commentary in a jail costume??? 🧐 She wasn't made up with her hair done while she was in jail. So why'd they do that? It's weird. Tryna make them look like they're in jail. It is funny she not only outlasted Mr. Pro, but made it the whole time. She deserved being released last, she made it obvious she was a participant. Why'd they let Daniel participate when he can be found out???? Sloppy! And his grievance was bad. It didn't say anything besides the guy banged on doors, he's a bully. 🙄
It's funny they put 2 participants on the same transport and they thought they were actual criminals. I thought they were gunna put them in the same production vehicle. That would've been hilarious!

• Applause 1

A group debrief? That's different. Excluding the 2 tap outs??? LOL!!! In person, anyway. Not Mr. Tooth Hurty tapping out shortly after that "pain," while A.B. went to the jail dentist and wouldn't tap out, staying til the end. Payday that big??? 🤔🧐 Nina is that annoyingly loud person. Like, can you not hear so you're tryna make others deaf? Or is it an attention thing?? Probably attention. So no women tapped out this season? Good for them! What didn't they show about Scarlett that made her hated??? I'm not with the one-on-one commentary, say it in front of their faces!

• Love 1
On 8/19/2024 at 12:51 PM, Lindz said:

What didn't they show about Scarlett that made her hated???

Plenty was shown of Scarlett to show why she’s hated. She was such a bitch. 

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1
(edited)
On 8/19/2024 at 9:38 AM, Lindz said:

t looked like jail was a joke to her and she filmed commentary in a jail costume??? 🧐 She wasn't made up with her hair done while she was in jail. So why'd they do that? It's weird. Tryna make them look like they're in jail. It is funny she not only outlasted Mr. Pro, but made it the whole time. She deserved being released last, she made it obvious she was a participant.

Nina was ridiculous from start to finish. She was flexing, being aggressive, etc with COs whereas if she really was in jail, she wouldn't have performed so much. It's easy for a regular person to mouth off when they know they are free to leave at anytime.

Scarlet - No One is staring at you because of tattoos. Give your narsistic head a shake, that you could EVER empathize with a black man.

Edited by Chalby
On 8/20/2024 at 4:14 PM, Cotypubby said:

Plenty was shown of Scarlett to show why she’s hated. She was such a bitch. 

I thought Scarlett was awful.  I didn't like Nina initially but she handled herself really well while inside for the most part.

The problem I have with almost all of this particular group was that most of them acted out as 'inmates' in a very ridiculous way and caused problems that didn't need to be caused and which other actual inmates did not cause or participate in. And I think that's because they knew that they could tap out any time so there were no real consequences for them. The actual inmates mostly get along and try not to get time added or make enemies of the guards etc because it is not in their best interests to stir shit up like that. In the past most participants made inmate friends and tried to be examples and helpful to other inmates when it was possible. Scarlett just go down in the dirt and bullied Vickie who was much older, much smaller, and had to go into protection mode around her in order not to, in her eyes, be beaten down.  That was inexcusable from someone participating in this program who could do what she wanted and tap out if things got too real for her. She was a bully and an insensitive asshole most of the time. And her remark in the after meeting about comparing herself having some tattooes to a black man suddenly incarcerated in a very very white city with white inmates who could be violently racist for all he knew was offensive. Scarlett is an idiot and a bully. Glad I never have to see her again.

• Like 1
  • Applause 2

Oh. The debrief was a day after the the last one got out? Thought it'd be a while to replace the reunion. Ugh. Can't stand that they don't say what the day count is! Um. People stare cuz of her tattoos?!!! Girl! STFU!!! & no one said anything about that to her face? Got it.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Baha. Scarlett called out Nina throwing her under the bus by saying she manipulated the C.O. Eh. Not so much. Indirect confrontation. Shoulda just called her out about doing that & being wrong for it. I guess they did individual debriefs since they got info from Q. Didn't find the drugs in the gravel tho. 🤔 Before was better: individual debriefs & reunion.

• Like 2

Lemme get this straight: that officer's gotten several complaints and nothing was done about it, no one cared to change it? But now that they're on camera talking about it, they have ideas on to change his behavior? Yeah right. Don't buy it. Just a bunch of hot air. They don't care.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
On 8/28/2024 at 11:17 PM, Lindz said:

Girl! STFU!!! & no one said anything about that to her face? Got it.

I was shocked that NOBODY called Scarlet out on her glaringly self-centered, yet still incorrect, observation. I highly doubt any tattoos get a second look, or even a first thought, from inmates. Does she actually live among people, or is she that ignorant?

• Like 2