Type keyword(s) to search

S9.E05: WATN Margaret & Megan

• Start Topic

New, 5/29/2024

Even after a successful surgery, Margaret's quick fall back into her old habits leaves Dr. Now worried; Megan's impatience with her slow progress risks ruining her weight-loss journey if she can't get surgery as soon as possible.

Margaret S10.E10

Megan S8.E14

Apparently the theme for this week is mothers who are super-enablers.   

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
10 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

New, 5/29/2024

Even after a successful surgery, Margaret's quick fall back into her old habits leaves Dr. Now worried; Megan's impatience with her slow progress risks ruining her weight-loss journey if she can't get surgery as soon as possible.

Margaret S10.E10

Megan S8.E14

Apparently the theme for this week is mothers who are super-enablers.   

I just googled Margaret. Oy, I remember her. 

I don't remember Megan. 

• Like 1

Go up to the top of the page, search her name, and you'll remember her.   The hot pink interior of her mother's home was epic.   It looked like Pepto Bismol was hosed everywhere.   Also, Megan's mother was enchanted with Dr. Now.

• LOL 1
(edited)
18 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

Go up to the top of the page, search her name, and you'll remember her.   The hot pink interior of her mother's home was epic.   It looked like Pepto Bismol was hosed everywhere.   Also, Megan's mother was enchanted with Dr. Now.

It must have been an episode I didn't watch or that I tuned out before anything got started. 

ETA - I looked at some pictures and I vaguely remember her. I must have tuned out before the "fun" started. 

Edited by libgirl2
  • Like 1
(edited)

Margaret and her crazy mom are one of my favorite train wrecks. Had everything from Bingo card- enabling parent, filthy home, small dogs, denial and delusion. Cannot wait.

Edited by BAForever
  • Like 4
(edited)

Margaret's mother had a job, and all day when mother was at work, she was on the phone with Margaret.  

Not surprised at anything Margaret did, or what happened with her.    Dr. Now can say it nicer, but she's never going to change.    Her vicious tantrums were hideous, and the way she treated the nurses and therapists was disgusting.    Dr. Now will never see her again, and in my opinion should never have worked with her.   

Megan did very well after her surgery, but what she was eating at the lunch with her friend was horrible.      I hope she continues to lose, but think she should see if she can get insurance to cover skin removal.   

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Like 4
(edited)

Supersized edition of this episode is on TLC tonight, 7 to 9 p.m. Central.   I can't imagine what the bonus scenes will show.    

I'm not sure I can stay awake through two hours of this.    I'll just have to push through to see Megan's mother make her the mound of bacon for the salad, and Millie and Margaret's strange enmeshed relationship.    I'm not sure I can stand to watch Margaret be so rude and nasty to the nurses, and Margaret pitch tantrums like a two year old. 

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Like 1
21 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

Supersized edition of this episode is on TLC tonight, 7 to 9 p.m. Central.   I can't imagine what the bonus scenes will show.    

I'm not sure I want to even see them! 

• Like 3

Poor Dr Paradise, having to sit next to Margaret’s bed while she just laid there all splayed out, each and every ounce of flesh exposed to the world. At what point do you lose all respect for yourself and those around you? Cover up for God’s sake. 

And the patience and kindness of her nurses was something to behold. Everyone recruited to help her was much kinder than she deserved. 

• Like 6

Margaret acts like a 2 year old. Talking to her Mom for hours on end every day? How does her Mom keep her job?

• Like 3
(edited)

In the beginning of this episode, Margaret is actually lying on her bed naked during the appointment with the two PTs. These poor ladies are standing there trying to ask her questions and she is completely naked. Then she does resistance band exercises for them, still naked. Geez. She actually seems to be naked a lot, either completely exposed or with only a sheet or blanket partially covering her. This girl is something. She's almost like a female Steven Asante. Poor Dr. Paradise. He deserves combat pay for this one. ETA: I think her mother and Steven A.'s dad would be perfect for each other. 😆

Edited by Teri313
  • Like 2
  • LOL 3