Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E13 : One Mask Takes It All (Finale)

• Start Topic

It was always Goldfish's trophy to lose.  Even the Direct TV photo for this show this season is a picture of Goldfish.

I thought Gumball sounded fairly rough on his first song.  There were times throughout the season where he sounds like a guy doing karaoke.  But good for him to make it so far.  I never watched Friday Night Lights so I have no idea who this guy is, but he sounds like the kind of person I think is great for this show.  Someone who is not a singer but can sing fairly well.  

However, I still think a Clock/Goldfish final would have been better.  After looking back at the season, I think Thelma Houston got robbed.  Clay/Ruben also deserved to make it farther.

Why did the show stop doing a final three?  So they can get one more episode with a finale with just two?  My final three would have been Clock, Goldfish, Beets.

• Like 3
(edited)

Well that was anti-climatic but congratulations to the winner.  Didn't appreciate Goldfish's performance of the first song (it's like she knew she was going to win so why try).  Gumball is certainly fond of 70's rock.

See everybody next time.

Edited by milkyaqua
  • Like 2

Finally caught up with the finale last night. I am really beginning to believe that the contestants’ singing is pretaped and played back when they are on stage (although not in the finale). Or else added in post production for broadcast.

In the finale, I thought that both Goldfish and Gumball  sounded odd, sort of hollow and echo-y, sort of like they were singing….under a mask. When they sang without the masks, they sounded the way they did all season and the way all the other contestants did all season.

I’ve always thought the vocals for non singers on this show were too polished in live performance, even when they sang off key. I should try to read all the fine print that flashes by at the end of the show to see if anything is disclosed.